Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

128/256mb vps and ipv4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

128/256mb vps and ipv4

Hi,

I heard that a lot of vps provider do not offer 128/256mb vps because of the ipv4 problem (running out of address). Would provider like buyvm and ramnode will eventually cancel their 128/256mb vps?

Comments

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited September 2015

Yes most likely so I offered 128 and 256 MB plans for under $3 or so and went through 176 IP's in less than 33 hours, so im sure they will cancel sooner or later unless they are getting some massive discounts on IP's < highly doubt but its possible. Although I have not cancelled my plans I have added flood control on them to limit the amount of IP's being used for them, they might possible just add some flood control to the packages.

Thanked by 1pascalp
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2015

As long as we have IPs, we're not cancelling the plans. Also, active users will keep them, as long as they pay.

Thanked by 1pascalp
  • BuyVM and RamNode will keep the active users too I guess

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2015

If there's a sensible business plan behind the 128/256MB plans, ask yourself whether a host would wish to gamble on a higher return rather than a more or less guaranteed return from existing customers.

One of the main costs will surely be marketing cost per customer acquired.

Thanked by 1pascalp
  • With the issue of the ipv4 exhaustion, I personally think that its just a matter of time. We've discarded the idea of offering it mainly because of this issue.

Thanked by 1NocRoom
  • @ricardo said:
    If there's a sensible business plan behind the 128/256MB plans, ask yourself whether a host would wish to gamble on a higher return rather than a more or less guaranteed return from existing customers.

One of the main costs will surely be marketing cost per customer acquired.

Yes this is so true.

• martinandrinomartinandrino Member
    edited September 2015

ricardo said: One of the main costs will surely be marketing cost per customer acquired.

I see the 128/256MB ridiculously cheap plans as a marketing strategy. It doesn't make sense to offer it just to directly make money, at least these days.