Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panilux : New Free Control Panel ( 5 Domains )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Panilux : New Free Control Panel ( 5 Domains )

XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
edited September 2015 in Reviews

I just came across this interesting software. Demo looks nice.

Panilux, is a new generation Linux control panel designed having in mind end users. Panilux allows you to control your servers in a fast and secure maner. Performance, using the latest web, email and ftp services Panilux gives you a full control of your domains. User Interface, simple and yet powerfull. Even the new users can easily grasp the concept. Security, you can securily access your private control panel using a valid SSL.

**Demo : **

**Install : **http://panilux.com/downloads.html?lang=en

Thanked by 2alice2k Faizi

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

looks like a good start to a great panel, will be a shame if it never actually reaches mainstream like so many others.

Thanked by 1XiNiX
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

but what is the 5 domain?

is it limited to 5 domains...?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

It looks good, but the paid packages aren't cheap at all. cPanel is a much better solution and costs $14.99 USD.

Thanked by 1XiNiX
  • 25 usd / mo for unlimited? lol. This should be 5 usd/mo , Aye captain?

Anyway its a nice panel :) I like it.!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@agentmishra said:
    but what is the 5 domain?

is it limited to 5 domains...?

In the Free Version. Yes.

@MrGeneral said:
    It looks good, but the paid packages aren't cheap at all. cPanel is a much better solution and costs $14.99 USD.

Exactly.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Looks nice, might be interesting to try it sometime. IMO 5 domains is too less, 25 domains should be the minimum.

• TheOnlyDK said: Looks nice, might be interesting to try it sometime. IMO 5 domains is too less, 25 domains should be the minimum.

Why? I am honestly curious here. Not trying to be an arse or anything but I want to know everyone's reasoning here.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Looks nice, might be interesting to try it sometime. IMO 5 domains is too less, 25 domains should be the minimum.

Well, If you need 25 , i would say go with DirectAdmin or InterWorx ( If one cant afford cPanel )
    InterWorx offers 1 Domain License Free. Compared to that 5 Domains is much better, on a VPS ( Low End ) it sounds pretty good.

• @XiNiX said:

Well, I don't really "need" 25 domains. I use vestacp for my personal box for all my personal domains, it's beautiful and works great for me (no need for a filemanager and all those since I don't use it anyways and vestacp didn't have one and saved me resources).

I'm just saying 5 domains is too less for most people, and they are really forcing people to pay for their panel.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I'm just saying 5 domains is too less for most people, and they are really forcing people to pay for their panel.

Agreed. But for an LEB , I feel 5 Domains is ok. No doubt Vesta is an awesome product, but this one is a paid proudct we are getting for free. So now, one can manage 1 - 4 GB RAM LEBs using this fantastic product.

You see, its a commercial product. They are really not for charity, but to let the users evaluate the product itself and buy the paid license. Besides, for shared hosting clients ( where one might need 25 - 500 user license ) cPanel would still be a better choice as, its tested, stable and they are familiar with it, as an industry standard.

Comparatively, Panilux are giving what DA and IW are not, so its a win-win for the the users. Since it a new prouduct, i would strongly advise, not to use it at a production level.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@XiNiX said:
    Comparatively, Panilux are giving what DA and IW are not, so its a win-win for the the users. Since it a new prouduct, i would strongly advise, not to use it at a production level.

From My Point of View, they should have priced it lower than $7/$8 so that who have 10-15 Domains to manage, he can easily get a Paid License to manage it.

• Good panel. But, did it undergo any external security audit?

Thanked by 1postcd
  • To costly for the service

• Have you guys looked at the prices cpanel lists on their site? http://cpanel.com/pricing/

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

You can get cheaper from distributor.

@lazyt said:
    Have you guys looked at the prices cpanel lists on their site? http://cpanel.com/pricing/

• @HostPair said:
    You can get cheaper from distributor.

>

https://www.buycpanel.com/order/ even less if you hunt about the site ;)

Thanked by 1BuyCPanel_Alex
  • LOL I know this but you are looking at Paniluxs site so you have to compare their prices to the price on the cpanel site. You know Manufactures suggested retail price. Not the discount store prices.

• Looks great,,,btw...onyl for redhat

Error: /etc/redhat-release was not detected

• lazytlazyt Member
    edited September 2015

Worked with Centos 7 on my ovh classic.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • I would love to try this. But uh oh 1gb RAM usage.. Rip me. Only got 512mb vps

• Installed successfully on my 512vps.
    Interface is good, all feature works, except for some words that ain't change even I choose english interface.

Love it, I can live with 5 domains limits. ;)

• I would definitely avoid this control panel, it is no where near ready for any sort of real world use.

Managed to gain root access in 30 seconds live in one of our IRC channels. I'm not even trying to be funny... I set a timer on my phone and in 30.39 seconds to be exact had root access. :(

All operations look to be done as root which is crazy A F, it's bad all over. Pretty much should be rewritten at this point otherwise it's going to be endless band-aid fixes.

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited September 2015

My REVIEW:

• Little bit hard to navigate trhru the sections (longer time to learn)
    • i like the speed and alot of modern functions
    • i like ability of web server choice (nginx, apache)
    • I like Free option, but please enable all functions for it, like at least DKIM, SPF, Pagespeed..
    • Also very good would be if free option would not need any license, i mean just download, not registering etc. I think it would increase very much usage of the panel by people
    • Consider fixing what SecNinja pointed out above..
    Thanked by 1XiNiX
  • If I have to choose between VestaCP and Panilux, my choice is VestaCP.
    One simple reason: DKIM and SPF support in VestaCP in Panilux you have to pay the license.
    If your looking for something secure and with support for a single domain, InterWorx has a free license.

@SecNinja said:
    I would definitely avoid this control panel, it is no where near ready for any sort of real world use.

Managed to gain root access in 30 seconds live in one of our IRC channels. I'm not even trying to be funny... I set a timer on my phone and in 30.39 seconds to be exact had root access. :(

All operations look to be done as root which is crazy A F, it's bad all over. Pretty much should be rewritten at this point otherwise it's going to be endless band-aid fixes.

The Panel is good for personal use and certainly not for production ( even with paid license ).
    DirectAdmin is a much better choice, in terms of performance and economy.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@XiNiX said:

Why should you pay for something that isn't secure or production ready?

edited September 2015

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Why should you pay for something that isn't secure or production ready?

Exactly, thats why i recommended not to use this Panel for production, earlier. Its good for Personal use ( the free plan ).

• XiNiX said: Exactly, thats why i recommended not to use this Panel for production in my first post. Its good for Personal use ( the free plan ).

I won't use it for personal either. Vesta is much more secured.

This panel is pretty much good for nothing but still, thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanked by 1XiNiX
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@XiNiX said:
    Exactly, thats why i recommended not to use this Panel for production, earlier. Its good for Personal use ( the free plan ).

Then why are you charging for it? In addition, anything web accessible, personal or not should be written in a secure way. Non production isn't an excuse for poor security.