Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newtec internet satellite
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Newtec internet satellite

Hello,

Today I'm bought newtec internet satellite with $350 I search about cheap company I can get access to have internet with newtec I found Yahsat have 50Gb download with $200 monthly and 30Gb with $100 I'm see it is may be expensive I'm searching about 30Gb with $50-80 . Anyone can help me with my subject .

Thank you very much.

Comments

• What?

• I know few people know about internet satellite bout I searching in Google bout don't know anything . Internet satellite dish it is only way available in iraq and syria to move our news . and we don't have call on phone.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@aaxaa said:
    Hello,

Today I'm bought newtec internet satellite with $350 I search about cheap company I can get access to have internet with newtec I found Yahsat have 50Gb download with $200 monthly and 30Gb with $100 I'm see it is may be expensive I'm searching about 30Gb with $50-80 . Anyone can help me with my subject .

Thank you very much.

You won't find any cheap internet Satellite provider i do a lot of research with no luck.

Thanked by 1NocRoom
  • I'm so confused here, can someone shed some light on what we are talking about? I'm interested but so lost and have no idea about what OP is talking about.

• He wants to watch movies from the desert with a satellite in his tent.

TheOnlyDK said: I'm so confused here, can someone shed some light on what we are talking about? I'm interested but so lost and have no idea about what OP is talking about.

• I didn't know the satellite service ISPs allowed subscriber chosen equipment. Why not ask where you bought it? What actual equipment did you buy anyway? I looked at the Newtec product line and there seem to be a lot of different ways to go.

• TheOnlyDK said: I'm so confused here, can someone shed some light on what we are talking about? I'm interested but so lost and have no idea about what OP is talking about.

I'm interested too. I think he's talking about this sort of thing like we have where I live. But he wants to use some kind of specialized equipment perhaps. I doubt it gets any cheaper than that because satellite bandwidth is expensive to provide and wherever you are on the earth, you're going to be using the same birds.

• LowEndSatellite

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Nekki said: LowEndSatellite

Lower orbit makes for lower costs.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    Lower orbit makes for lower costs

Not sure about costs, but it makes for lower latency so yes internet via low orbit satellites and small unmanned aircraft is being worked on.

• @aaxaa said: Today I'm bought newtec internet satellite with $350…

If you mean you bought a VSAT, that's inexpensive as hell (or I'm way behind the times, not having looked into this stuff for over 10 years).

I found Yahsat have 50Gb download with $200 monthly and 30Gb with $100 I'm see it is may be expensive I'm searching about 30Gb with $50-80.

Wow! That's expensive? Not from where I'm sitting… and paying ChinaUnicom $30 for 5Gb on "3G" (at least that's what they call it here in China, but works more akin old GPRS where international traffic is concerned).

Question: is that geostationary or LEO satellite service? VSAT pricing seems to suggest the latter…?

• aglodek said: Question: is that geostationary or LEO satellite service? VSAT pricing seems to suggest the latter…?

At this price more likely GEO - VSAT service in LEO is now cheaper, especially in Europe (like within ASTRA beam spots) i.e. 20/2Mbit with "shared" flatrate at 59EUR: http://www.skydsl.eu/en-DE/Internet-via-satellite/tariff/skydsl2p/sky2pt8 - Contention is 1:50 so should be "guaranteed" 400Kbit/down (~110GB) and 40Kbit up (~11GB). Terms are sort of complicated but not intransparent, from what i heard it works quite well in Spain and Western Europe (DE), most likely due to low usage rates there (= low contention) now.

VSAT in geo with guaranteed BW at 1/1Mbit (so around 300GB with 1:1 contention) costs around 150-300$ so OPs pricing seems to be in-line with that, some ISPs (especially in areas with higher VSAT usage - The middle east and parts of Asia) are cheaper but contention is higher. You also often deal with companies based in the UAE and other governments that might interfere with your usage (censorship etc.) and geolocation is pretty random.

• dragon2611 said: Not sure about costs, but it makes for lower latency so yes internet via low orbit satellites and small unmanned aircraft is being worked on.

It's a lunchbox, so it only flies about 3 feet off the ground. I figured everybody knew about that. (see here for details)

• @William said:
    skydsl.eu

Does it upload via satellite as well or via landline?

• deadbeef said: Does it upload via satellite as well or via landline?

i'm not 100% certain but assume sat - 2Mbit/s up would be very hard to do in areas where you need sat at all else.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @William said:
    i'm not 100% certain but assume sat - 2Mbit/s up would be very hard to do in areas where you need sat at all else.

That's what got me curious - for a sat uplink, the price looks low. Do they mention the equipment required (or do they provide it). The English site is a bit confusing and I don't speak German.

• Checked for you:

• upload is sat

• availably "everywhere", which probably means germany in this context, so might need inquiry

• anntenna and modem is included

No idea about availability in your country - most they list is western and central europe but also down to Portugal

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @William said:
    Checked for you:

Thank you very much @William.

• emreemre Member, LIR

http://www.tooway.co.uk/

select your country from upper right.

• @emre said:
    http://www.tooway.co.uk/

select your country from upper right.

No prices on the site, you know what that means :D

• sad, with today's technology satellite Internet still expensive to have

• @NocRoom said:
    sad, with today's technology satellite Internet still expensive to have

Technology has nothing to do with price, other than that it's a product of capital investment. Where money flows, services become cheaper. Where capital is scarce, services remain expensive.

• http://www.sat-internet.at/satellit/internet-privat/tooway-2-2/ has pricing - pretty expensive and low traffic.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • aaxaa said: $350

I'm still curious about what the OP actual bought.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

@GM2015 said:
    He wants to watch movies from the desert with a satellite in his tent.

... and I thought that my 10 year old DSL line was slow. Satellite ≠ fast

On the side note: wouldn't it just be cheaper to jump in a car with a 3000 mile roll of phone line and connect it to the nearest city?

• BarisBaris Member
    edited September 2015

Isn't skydsl.eu reselling tooway?

Offtopic:
    And does somebody know what a dedicated 24/7 128kbit broadcast line (TV) costs with coverage in Africa and Asia? Would be nice to send data over it so poor countries could get something like a text based news and education portal using cheap devices. Any projects like this?

Edit: Found something:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outernet

• aaxaaaaxaa Member
    edited September 2015

Tooway same cheap but I don't have tools and dish (hardware) Please anyone can tell me where I can buy Hardware any site sell it and if can send it to Turkey , Syria or Iraq.