Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMBox.Co - 3GB RAM - 100GB SSD Cached - 3TB BW - 2 IPv4 - DDoS Protected - Free Wildcard SSL - $7/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMBox.Co - 3GB RAM - 100GB SSD Cached - 3TB BW - 2 IPv4 - DDoS Protected - Free Wildcard SSL - $7/m

StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep
edited September 2015 in Offers

-SingleHop's Premium Datacenter in Amsterdam NL, Phoenix AZ and Quadranet in LA
-Diverse Fiber Providers Include Above Net and NLayer
-8 HDDs Hardware RAID10 w/BBU Cachecade LSI 9271-8i
-Dual E5-2620v2 CPU's
-Gigabit ports
-Industry leading SolusVM VPS control panel
-Full root access
-Free setup!
-Free Wildcard AlphaSSL!
-Cheap cPanel VPS licenses!
-Free Instant Reverse DNS
-24/7 support -Large range on Linux distributions installed in one click
-20Gbps/10Mpps DDoS protection NL/PHX

100GB RAID10 SSD Cached Storage
3GB DDR3 RAM
3TB Premium Bandwidth
1Gbps Port
2 IPv4 Address
20Gbps/10Mpps DDoS Protection
Free Wildcard SSL (only for use on our VPS)
$7/Month or $48/Year

Netherlands - https://my.vmbox.co/cart.php?a=add&pid=64
Phoenix - https://my.vmbox.co/cart.php?a=add&pid=67

Looking Glass
http://ams-lg.vmbox.co/
http://phx-lg.vmbox.co/

Additional IPv4 $2/m
cPanel VPS license $9.95

Thanked by 1badpatrick

Comments

• Hi, what distros do you have in your control panel? With detail versions, thanks.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@2298 said:
    Hi, what distros do you have in your control panel? With detail versions, thanks.

ubuntu-14.04-i386-minimal.tar.gz
    ubuntu-12.04-i386-minimal.tar.gz
    ubuntu-12.04-amd64-minimal.tar.gz
    debian-7.0-i386-minimal.tar.gz
    centos-5.7-amd64-minimal.tar.gz
    centos-6.4-x86_64.minimal.tar.gz
    centos-6.4-i386-minimal.tar.gz
    debian-6.0-amd64-minimal.tar.gz
    debian-6.0-i386-minimal.tar.gz
    debian-7.0-amd64-minimal.tar.gz
    ubuntu-14.04-amd64-minimal.tar.gz
    centos-7-x86_64-minimal.tar.gz
    ubuntu-14.04-x86_64

• Great stuff. Love my VMBox

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • Any vswap included? disk i/o test results?

No vswap or pointless DD tests sorry. We have a 3 day money back guarantee if you're not happy with your purchase. Thanks.

• badpatrick said: Great stuff. Love my VMBox

+1

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • Could recommend them. No bs, things just work.

Thanked by 1StevenN

Thanks for you comments everyone.

• Nice prices you have there

• is that KVM?

@musanki said:
    is that KVM?

OpenVZ

• Just wanted to say my VMbox.co instance is working well. Doesn't do much but uptime is excellent.

• Definitely one of the better deals on LET if you are skilled enough to run completely unmanaged, just about all the right settings to make sure VZ runs okay.

I only hesitate to recommend it because I don't want lots more people on my node :-)
    But that isn't fair since if a host is bad I am quick to complain, so I owe recommendations otherwise.

One tip for people - I'd recommend paying with paypal instead of direct credit card if you are in the USA because my bank decided to halt both my cards despite the small payment attempt, because it is in the UK and that was "outside my normal spending habits" (phone call got them fixed but still)

Also remember VZ has limitations, only a 2.6 kernel no matter what OS you pick, but that is not VMbox's fault. Also some sysctl settings cannot be changed (also VZ limitation).

Only had one short downtime of about 20 minutes and the node was actually running, just the network connectivity disappeared - and that only happened once.

• Hi,

We are running a free hosting service with SSL and was looking at setup up the forum and a status page of the server on the VPS I would order from you.

Would you still be up to provide the Free Wildcard cert for our main domain name ?

Thanks,

@labrie said:
    Hi,

We are running a free hosting service with SSL and was looking at setup up the forum and a status page of the server on the VPS I would order from you.

Would you still be up to provide the Free Wildcard cert for our main domain name ?

Thanks,

Yes, we provide wildcard ssl's free on the condition they're only used on our Phoenix or Netherlands VPS.

• @VMbox said:
    Yes, we provide wildcard ssl's free on the condition they're only used on our Phoenix or Netherlands VPS.

That being said, that means we would not be allowed to use the certificate anywhere else ? Our plan would be to use the certificate on the VPS and main server.

@labrie said:
    That being said, that means we would not be allowed to use the certificate anywhere else ? Our plan would be to use the certificate on the VPS and main server.

Our providers terms are that the ssls are only used on our network. They risk being revoked if used elsewhere.

• I bought today. Pretty good so far.

• After a few hours I'm completely dissatisfied.

I wanted to buy a cPanel license, created a ticket, and went to bed. They generated an invoice in 5AM (my time). After wake up I noticed my service is suspended at 6AM for overdue payment.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Tell me about it, I am becoming quite pissed off with vmbox after being a customer for over 2 years. Owner is too laxed with issuing one time ssls even if the claim is 'free'. It is a major incentive to get the 'deal' and having 3 vpses and they cant check their emailto send me an ssl cert feels and sounds very lazy to me.

And why they can't do this twice a day to minimize the wait time really makes me wonder since it surely takes more than 24 hours to get the ssl from them. Its not like they even have a shift system for support.

@risharde said:
    And why they can't do this twice a day to minimize the wait time really makes me wonder since it surely takes more than 24 hours to get the ssl from them. Its not like they even have a shift system for support.

FREE ssl's aren't a priority to us. Moaning about them is just rude.

Take your backup and I'll issue your refund. Please provide ticket number.

@Vmbox You and your alleged staff were rude in the first place because you don't say when exactly the end of your day is so customers have an idea how long they have to wait for the ssl cert. You basically have me waiting indefinitely and seems more of spite because I stood up and said something about it. Furthermore you want me to send you a ticket number which clearly means you nor your staff don't read your own ticketing system? How about you stop wasting time here and send me the ssl and stop being a clown.

@risharde said:
    Vmbox You and your alleged staff were rude in the first place because you don't say when exactly the end of your day is so customers have an idea how long they have to wait for the ssl cert. You basically have me waiting indefinitely and seems more of spite because I stood up and said something about it. Furthermore you want me to send you a ticket number which clearly means you nor your staff don't read your own ticketing system? How about you stop wasting time here and send me the ssl and stop being a clown.

Calling us clowns and being impatient isn't going to do you any favours. Also we don't provide ssl's to vps customers in our LA location.

edited October 2015

VMbox said: Calling us clowns and being impatient isn't going to do you any favours. Also we don't provide ssl's to vps customers in our LA location.

Firstly young man, I haven't ask you for any favours and normally I am quite accommodating and patient with the people I buy VPSs from. If you don't know, I have over 20 VPS from 20 different providers (and that's a very low average, I actually have trouble remembering how many VPSes I have - I have less dedis.) here and you would be probably the 2nd out of these 20 that I have ever been "mean" too and if I can stand up against BuyVM and Aldryic, I'm not quite sure if your mental state has reasoned with the future problems you will face for this. You aren't leaving me much choice to back down.

Just for the record, I am only mean when treated unfairly or when people like you think that it is okay to treat me like a fool which if you have not directly stated, you have implied and also been vindictive of withholding and also changing your sale terms to now say that LA locations do not get SSLs.

So now I am calling you a liar @VMbox because your past 2 ssls were from LA locations. You aren't doing yourself any favours either. You should read your own advertisements. This is the intelligence you and your team seems to have.

Dont make me have to screenshot you to make you look even more stupid and since you are now saying that, you should refund me my payment of my last vps and read your ticketing system since you are clearly not delivering on your products - neither on the assumed time of approximately 24 hours (which is the end of the day unless you live on another planet...)

And this would have all been avoided if I had got my SSL in fair time and not have to beg you like a dog for an SSL after paying you money and having the commitment that you offer FREE SSLs as you so rightly claim - this is a still a claim until I get an SSL.

Edit: Consolidated my mean response

edited October 2015

Edit: Consolidation to previous post

edited October 2015

I have finally received the certificate. I will now back down since I have received what I wanted and paid for and nothing more. Wasn't that rather simple?