Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quarterly top provider poll!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quarterly top provider poll!

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited September 2015 in General

Hey everyone!

On behalf of the Community Advisor team, I would like to announce that the quarterly provider poll will be returning on October 1st! This has been one of the most popular LET/B sanctioned events and it has evolved quite a bit over time. Here's what we're looking forward to:

• Reintroduction of simplified voting rules (no points system this round)
  • PRIZES ... you're damn right that wasn't a typo.
  • A chance to spotlight a new provider outside of the regular votes.

So everyone start thinking of your favorite providers, maybe open up a ticket with them and say "Hey, 50% off could buy my vote on LET." You know, the usual stuff.

@mpkossen is of course the lord of the land, but this show is going to be run by us community advisors. This is our first chance to show you what we're here for, which is to keep the good times flowing :)

(Disclaimer: Selling votes was a joke)

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

I vote GVH for community advisor

Edit: also you misspelled mpkossin the first time, don't try to hide it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

perennate said: Edit: also you misspelled mpkossin the first time, don't try to hide it.

I blame the jack daniels. How can something with 4.5% alcohol pack a punch? That doesn't even make sense.

• I will be voting for the first time. Good to see something people asking for.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Yay!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Glad to see this back!

• Providers can get my vote for 30% off, with unmetered gigabit, in LA or SF.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

That is SF indeed.
    Finally :)

• @Jar said:
    So everyone start thinking of your favorite providers, maybe open up a ticket with them and say "Hey, 50% off could buy my vote on LET." You know, the usual stuff.

@Nick_A

But in all seriousness, how will this work? Everyone just picks one provider, or say 2-3 but they're all worth 1 vote each?

Thanked by 1perennate

@hostnoob said:
    But in all seriousness, how will this work? Everyone just picks one provider, or say 2-3 but they're all worth 1 vote each?

Head shot my friend. What's been made clear is that there is no perfect solution in which a flaw cannot be found, nor a solution in which no one will complain. Past attempts at complicating it to satisfy those items resulted in confused voters and an excess of overhead for the person counting them.

I find beauty in simplicity. When someone writes three paragraphs, I find myself wanting to reduce it to one. Accomplish more with less.

• @Jar said:

How about making a poll with the most known providers and then "other" and only people who vote other write a comment with the provider?

and then have a seperate discussion thread for other drama comments? that would make it easier counting I guess. although this assumes you guys can see who voted for what in the polls, otherwise people will vote for one provider and then put another in a comment

Thanked by 1jar
    edited September 2015

There will definitely always be good ideas, but the key is to be able to make a decision and run with it. As great as discussion is, small groups work best to get things done (in my experience).

I'll be making a note in the thread on October 1st how I would like to receive feedback on the format so that I can group the ideas together for review by the current/next community advisor team :)

Thanked by 2hostnoob rgenzon
  • Why no points voting system? I thought that was a rather nice touch.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

This is a great initiative!

Thanked by 1jar