Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a hosting/design type package in the UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a hosting/design type package in the UK

Long story short just had a chat with a friend in the UK, his wife just bought a bakery business and the website is shit and hosted in LA (DreamHost).

They are looking for a new website and UK hosting.

Now all I know is that the budget is of course limited but I don't know how limited at this point.

Given this I have suggested that the best option is that they go with something like Wordpress, buy a cake type theme from themeforest and have someone set it all up and amend/configure to their liking to keep the cost down. So I reckon that is what they will do.

As my friends wife has a partner she wants it completely handled by a 3rd party so there is no arguments over anyone having more of an influence over the other. Hence I am coming here with it.

Ok, so if you have any suggestions or recommendations please post here or PM me. I want to see a website/portfolio not a "I can do this for $10 here is my paypal address".

My role here is simply passing on info.

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2015

Do you have more info on what they want, on the website.

Online ordering?
    Any forms?
    Sliders?
    Gallery's?
    One page layout?
    How many pages?
    Do they have a logo/branding already?

Have they found any websites they like the look of?

Etc

• Sent you a link. They are essentially happy with what the site provides, but the current designer is never available and it needs a refresh based on what is there.

• I suggested they go with WP and use something like this with tweaks to get it just how they want it. They seemed open to that.

http://themeforest.net/item/cakery-cake-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/11510420

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

If you are looking for a design (not quite sure of your budget) akdesigner as done good work for me, they did our site: www.impactvps.com . They also do wordpress work as well.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

Our team has been doing it since 2004. Contact me specifying what website your friend would she like to have. It'll be hosted within the UK, obviously. Do note that WP design is not within LET budget.

Cheers!

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited September 2015

We currently have a brochure website design offer on ~ £600 including design, updates, domain, ssl & hosting for a year.

If you can ask them to send a sales ticket in (or give us a call) with a link to the current site I am sure one of our designers would be more than happy to bounce a few ideas around and see if we can make something that works for them.

• Ok so I will do like you said host in uk, template, wordpress, and manage the site for 1000 dollars us, look at http://tattoocity246.com/ Thanks

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

@MarkG said:
    Ok so I will do like you said host in uk, template, wordpress, and manage the site for 1000 dollars us, look at http://tattoocity246.com/ Thanks

Thanks I already have someone looking at this for me.

P.S - I would not let you loose in an empty room.

• @Lee said:
    P.S - I would not let you loose in an empty room.

So did you find anyone yet ?

• @Junkless said:
    So did you find anyone yet ?

Did you read the line above the one you quoted?

• @Nekki said:
    Did you read the line above the one you quoted?

I did, didn't get it fully. Not a native speaker here, my bad.

• For something super easy they can manage themselves: www.squarespace.com.

• @mikho - close this please...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Done

Thanked by 1Lee
This discussion has been closed.