Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any ideas? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any ideas?

2»

Comments

• @linuxthefish I don't have access to Dropbox as well

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

Can you just setup a PHP upload page on your website and password protect it? Not sure how big or what kind of files they are but I have a similar setup on one of my sites for when I need to throw some files online to get later when I'm on a device that just has a browser and little else. I found the PHP code online in a tutorial and just added a simple password check feature to it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @rgenzon said:
    linuxthefish I don't have access to Dropbox as well

If you have access to google drive I think there is a way to wget files from it. Is it possible to get your own laptop or phone? If so check http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/63623/a-public-dns-icmp-tunneling-service-for-evading-filters-paywalls-and-firewalls

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited September 2015

@rgenzon said:
    HyperSpeed thank you! I'm talking with drserver about it, and he'd been helping me out a lot. I think that's the only way for now, then use my Gmail account instead of work e-mail that way I'd be able to send off js files, etc

This should work actually, as it won't go through and if you could get someone who you trust such as DRServer then they should be able to receive this, I have been able to send things from my hotmail however as you're aware your work email will go through their mail relay and at best the attachment would be stripped and the mail would be allowed through but you could send HTML or try renaming the .js to something else like .htm or .txt as it detects the extension and then get them to rename it after - this may be a sneaky way past the filter!

If Dropbox won't work I doubt google drive or Onedrive work - filters such as websense are too specific and clever to get past things like personal storage as they're all categorised and limited unfortunately!

• Google Drive works, but it's very limited though. I never tried OneDrive. Thanks, and yeah, I was just thinking about the same thing. THanks again @HyperSpeed

• How do the certs works for those mass scale MITM? Is a special cert installed on the client or... how is it possible?

• @KuJoe, I'd do that but I don't have the access to do anything similar to that atm

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@rgenzon said:
    KuJoe, I'd do that but I don't have the access to do anything similar to that atm

Do you have a friend that you trust to upload it? Maybe open a ticket with your host?

• @scy said:
    Well, as mpkossen doesn't want to enable ssl at least for the login page, they don't need to MITM to get his LET password :)

I want to. It's just not up to me. I may run the sites, I don't manage the infrastructure they run on.

• mpkossen said: I may run the sites, I don't manage the infrastructure they run on.

Ok. And don't you have some power when you speak to those responsible for the infrastructure? No way to let them consider this move?

• I> @KuJoe said:

Do you have a friend that you trust to upload it? Maybe open a ticket with your host?

I've never really tried to ask, I didn't want to push because I ordered an unmanaged service.

Do you know any providers who can do it for me? I'll be home in a few months but it'll just be nice to know. Thanks.

• Well, although this is not THAT safe, but did you try Goagent?

Since China has no way but to block all the IP addresses of Google, this should work for you for most of the time.

• What is goagent? What does it do? I'm not from China, so I'm not sure why you're asking me if I tried goagent?

• Perhaps he meant goat gent.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited September 2015

@rgenzon said:
    I> KuJoe said:
    Do you know any providers who can do it for me?

We offer a semi-managed solution with many of our packages including things like uploading and configuring sites for our clients. I assume it is similar to what @drserver was doing to assist you.