Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN with multiple cpanel accounts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN with multiple cpanel accounts?

Hello everyone.

What i want to do:

Upload my wordpress files to 5-6 hosting accounts (different locations).
Will host the database to a external server and connect all accounts with this server.

Will use nameservers of all those accounts into my domain.

Can this be done like this?

Comments

• Yes, it's possible, but the remote SQL will be slooooow. If your WP site doesn't update too often and you can cache the crap out of it.. it might work out okay.

• Why not mysql replication then you can get the speed benfits of mysql on the local node too?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@wych said:
    Why not mysql replication then you can get the speed benfits of mysql on the local node too?

Because splitbrain is going to be nasty and i doubt he's going to be able to get his shared provider to setup a Galera cluster just for him :P

He could do it with VPS accounts, but he's still going to have really terrible write speeds. Since he's willing to have a SPOF already with the central SQL, the OP should just setup caching NGINX installs on each of the head nodes pointing to a single backend, that way they don't have to deal with keeping files synced too.

Francisco

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Francisco said: shared provider

Ahh yes, I misread hosting accounts and assumed VPS.

• Well this seems will not work. The main point is to het the website open faster from all locations. I was checking some CDN services but i cant figure it out how to do it.

Is there any CDN service that I can upload images to them and use thair link? Like cdn.com/ img.jpg?

There is cloudimages.io but the starter plan offers only 99% uptime :(

• Why you are not using CloudFlare or Incapsula if you want feee CDN?

• WHTWHT Member
    edited September 2015

@utama said:
    Why you are not using CloudFlare or Incapsula if you want feee CDN?

Cloudflare? No thank you.

I have tried the pro version when I was under ddos and my site was working better before i add it in cloudflare. A very bad experience. 80% uptime maybe.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited September 2015

@WHT said:
    Is there any CDN service that I can upload images to them and use thair link? Like cdn.com/ img.jpg?

Yeah, that's called a push CDN. What you'd probably want is a pull CDN for a WordPress site. I use KeyCDN for this, it's pretty cheap ($0.04/GB) - just buy like $20 in credits at a time or whatever (can't remember what the minimum is).

But basically you setup a cname like cdn.yourdomain.com to point to their servers, and in their panel you tell them that you want them to pull images from yourdomain.com. And then you use a plugin to rewrite all your image/file URLs - I think I'm using W3 Total Cache, just the CDN rewrite function.

So when you upload a picture it'll go to yourdomain.com/wp-content/XXXX - and when someone loads your domain they'll be told to load the image from cdn.yourdomain.com/wp-content/XXXX - which is the CDN service. They grab a copy once and then serve it up from their side for 7 days (or whatever you set the cache expiration to), and then they'll grab it again.

That's the easiest CDN option and it'll work without you having to think about it/manually upload stuff.

EDIT: Clearly an affiliate link: https://www.keycdn.com/?a=3107 - but you get +$5 in credit with that link. Non-aff: https://www.keycdn.com/

Thanked by 1WHT