Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wheezy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wheezy

bobbybobby Member
edited December 2012 in General

KVM providers should have this in their ISO list now.

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited December 2012

I assume once it becomes stable they will.

• Since it's not stable yet, I see no reason why.

But most KVM providers offer the option to add a custom ISO for their clients, so it's just a ticket away anyway ;)

• bobbybobby Member
    edited December 2012

@George_Fusioned said: Since it's not stable yet,

Its in "beta" now, and imo not unstable.

• @bobby said: Its in "beta" now, and imo not unstable.

Why wouldn't they release it then?

• @bobby said: Its in "beta" now, and imo not unstable.

You haven't used it then.... I use it with gnome3 at work and sometimes when I log in the kernel locks up and I can't do anything.

Sometimes the screen just goes blank and it won't accept any input (kernel issue again).

• @Damian said: Why wouldn't they release it then?

Providers offer Mint, which is based on Debian Testing?
    I've dist-upgraded, on all mine, and for KVM I dont see why you could provide some "unstable" stuff to "play" with.

• @Corey said: You haven't used it then....

Fair enough, but I dont use Desktop Env on VPS.

• @bobby said: Fair enough, but I dont use Desktop Env on VPS.

Yea I'm not sure if it's just a desktop issue or what.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Stable or not stable, if the customer wants it and it is unlikely to affect the node, I dont see why not.
    Debian is notorious for delivering releases slowly and after a thorough testing. After all, testing is testing for years now...

• Yeah, exactly my point @Maounique

• I love debian for that, It makes it extremely stable:)

• No provider will refuse to provide you the ISO if you ask, I simply don't believe it's the time to add it to the list of ISOs since it's still considered "unstable".

It's probably going stable sometime in Spring 2013.

• It's not a big deal really, you can always dist-upgrade from squeeze to wheezy if they don't have the ISO.

• Don't quote me on this, but I think you can use the squeeze netinstall to install wheezy (well, testing) if you do it in expert mode.

• Point was kinda to not have to do dist-upgrade, but thanks :)

• @bobby said: Point was kinda to not have to do dist-upgrade, but thanks :)

Yea I installed it this way on my desktop at work by adding the testing repo to squeeze. (Since this was the only way to do it at that time.)

• After a bit of research, I found that you can, infact, install wheezy strait from the squeeze installer. So as long as the host provides a Debian ISO, you can install wheezy, even if the installer is "for" squeeze, without having to dist-upgrade.

• People still use Wheezy? lol