Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap,unmetered, vt-x support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap,unmetered, vt-x support

Cheap,unmetered, vt-x support ? any one ?

Comments

• E3-1225, 8GB, 1TB 100Mbps Unmetered $39/m

Order annually and get free memory upgrade to 16GB

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=164

• bump

• Decent price. Are they good enough for production use? Any experience?

• emdad said: Decent price. Are they good enough for production use? Any experience?

DDoS Protection is a joke, else, they are fine. Ticket responses mostly in under 30mins when I had a server with them.

Thanked by 1emdad
  • @Frecyboy....
    Off topic....Nice Signature

Thanked by 2Frecyboy emdad
  • TerminTermin Member
    edited September 2015

is it offshore ? im looking for offshore and is it Unmetered ?

• @Termin said:

can somebody answer for this please

• Termin said: is it offshore ?

Depends what you mean with offshore.

Termin said: is it Unmetered ?

Yes, why not just look at the page?

• @Frecyboy said:
    Yes, why not just look at the page?

I can't see it lol really blind i'm sorry for that

@Frecyboy said:

Depends what you mean with offshore.

because im going to use it for torrent sometimes seed boxes thats whay if i buy onshore there wil be problem for torrents , if offshore there is no harm

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited September 2015

Termin said: because im going to use it for torrent sometimes seed boxes thats whay if i buy onshore there wil be problem for torrents , if offshore there is no harm

@William should be able to give you more details about the German laws regarding torrents, don't know much about that.

• Termin said: because im going to use it for torrent sometimes seed boxes thats whay if i buy onshore there wil be problem for torrents , if offshore there is no harm

Illegal in Germany, and your ISP will get payment letters from lawyers - Which you will have to pay or you'll get banned from entering Germany/EU or worst case jail (if you sell seedbox services you are arguably knowingly supporting commercial piracy which is a jailable offense).

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • @William said:

Terrible Then Not useful that site also anyone can give another one please

• Well if it's sometimes then you sould be covered by the DCMA or whatever equivalent there is in your juridiction.

Even in EU it's illegal to seed copyrighted content almost everywhere. Places where it was legal are changing their laws. And that makes sense. But there are still many seedboxes providers operating from or having seedboxes there. Where bandwidth is cheap. See feral for example. I guess they have to take action when they receive a complain.

Bittorrent is NOT illegal, and you can't be held for responsible for what your customer does with his VPS...

• My german isn't very good; is there any setup fee?

Thanks

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

scy said: Bittorrent is NOT illegal, and you can't be held for responsible for what your customer does with his VPS...

Yes you can in Germany, especially if you are not a corporation. Lawyer will send you payment form ("Abmahnung") which you HAVE to sign and pay, else they sue you. As VPS provider you can get out of this (sometimes), as seedbox provider you are entirely liable - You KNOWINGLY accepted that customers will seed illegal content.

• Thanks for the precisions on german law, impressive!

William said: illegal content.

While I understand that you "KNOWINGLY accepted" that they will use bittorrent, how do you know that they will seed illegal content and not their own creations, under a copyleft licence or some linux/BSD or archive.org stuff?

• scy said: My german isn't very good; is there any setup fee?

No, and you can change the language on the world icon top right.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

scy said: While I understand that you "KNOWINGLY accepted" that they will use bittorrent, how do you know that they will seed illegal content and not their own creations, under a copyleft licence or some linux/BSD or archive.org stuff?

If you only seed this kind of stuff you will not get abuse or "Abmahnungen", but only one user seeding something copyright can EASILY cost you 1000EUR+ which you cannot really get out of, especially if you have not much customer data and/or the German police does not feel like investigating in the country you have address data of (especially outside EU).

Providing seedbox services can then be used in court against you as "accepting" (best case, fine) or "promoting" (worst case, carries a jail sentence) illegal activity (which is then subdivided in "private usage" (3 months jail, usually on probation) to "commercial" (up to 5 years jail, usually some years probation and 1 year jail) to "organized commercial" (mafia and alike, IIRC up to 10 years jail, usually without probation, i've only seen that law used for very large distributors of copied DVDs and alike, so not even stores but their suppliers). Regardless of what you get convicted of, you will never be able to enter Germany again (you can requets this to be lifted after 10 or 20 years), and in worst case (rare) German police/government will list you at Interpol and you will not get EU visas anymore (obviously if you have an EU citizenship they cannot ban you from entry, and if you have German citizenship they can obviously not ban you from entering Germany either).

I was convicted for a very similar thing in Austria, basically same law, just different content.