Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coldfusion vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Coldfusion vps

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
edited September 2015 in Help

Hi,

First of all, spare me for my ignorance in this topic. I am just trying to know things about it.

I need to set a KVM VPS to host coldfusion coded website, I have next to nil experience in windows server environment as well CF.

We have kvm vps, what else we need to make CF server , do we need MS IIS at all ?
1. Is there any thing like cpanel which does all the hard work for you for setting up hosting environment on clean OS ?
2. What kind of licensing is required ?
3. How much it cost ?

Thanks

Comments

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

As far as I remember you need a license for Adobe CF or BlueDragon. In general it's pretty expensive stuff.

Edit: The license should be around 2k USD per VM

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2015

Odin Plesk supports Coldfusion in both the Windows and Linux versions. It will do most of the install work for you, however, you must buy a Plesk Powerpak license and pay for the Coldfusion license which as mentioned is quite expensive.

If you don't need your own server it may be cheaper to find a shared host on Plesk that offers Coldfusion already.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Depending what tags are being used etc., Railo might meet your needs.

• Scratch what I just said, Lucee is the active fork of Railo. OpenBD may be an alternative.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks guys for pointing into right direction..Railo and OpenBD, both looks promising, however, do either of them comes with any kind of web based panel, something similar to cpanel for managing sites and stuff ?

• amistleyamistley Member
    edited September 2015

Use Lucee not Railo.

As I understand it, Lucee is normally run as an Apache Tomcat app in production, and there are modules that allow Tomcat to be integrated into all the major control panels. As to how to intergrate Lucee in to Tomcat in a multi-host setup, the best I can offer you is this Google Groups thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/lucee/xGkSHBeS8TA

• @Saahib The only web based panel I know that is currently actively supporting Coldfusion is Odin Plesk as I said above. Otherwise, you will have to install and setup things your self.

Cheers!