Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud.net - A Global Marketplace of Clouds, New locations now available !!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud.net - A Global Marketplace of Clouds, New locations now available !!

Hello LET Members!

Cloud.net is the destination when you are looking for Cloud and VPS servers, we provide price and performance comparison of geographically distributed providers, to assist you in finding the perfect match for your server requirements.

Our mission is to bring customers the first truly transparent marketplace for global cloud infrastructure, with independently verified data to help customers make an informed purchase of their Cloud and VPS needs, as well as global scale and reach.

Visit us and experience the new Marketplace v2, we have made it even easier to compare providers on Uptime, Price and Performance (using our Cloud Index), also each location includes Free bandwidth based on the size of your VM.

Ever wanted to deploy a VM in one of the world's best datacenter ? we have on our marketplace presence at Softlayer in Dallas and London and Webair in NY, some of the best infrastructure you can find, the regular price starts at $5/month ($0.0074/h), amazing value for this type of provider, and with the coupon code below you can try it for a month for just $0.50 !

We have been busy adding new locations recently, such as Portugal, Spain, Bulgaria, India and much more.

LOWENDTALK90 - 90% Discount for 1 month

Cloud.net is a new marketplace of Clouds and VPS servers, with worldwide locations and more being added constantly.

Why use Cloud.net ?

You get no single provider lock-in or penalty to change providers, a unified invoice, full transparency on how each cloud performs with our Cloud Index Score, price comparison, ability to deploy to many different regions and providers and manage it all from a single interface.

We accept both PayPal and Credit Cards, PAYG and Monthly billing available !!

Alternative we have two other coupons for you, should you wish to keep your VM for longer and benefit from a larger long term discount:

LOWENDTALK50 - 50% Discount for 3 months

LOWENDTALK30 - 30% Discount for 6 months

Coupons are set for your entire account, so any additional servers you add during the period you choose will automatically receive the same discount!

Please visit https://www.cloud.net to start your search for the best infrastructure to suit your specific needs - Coupons are redeemable on the last step of the order process.

Thanks!

Comments

• You must have paid a fuckton for that domain.

• @Nekki said:
    You must have paid a fuckton for that domain.

Thats an understatement ....

Thanked by 2Nekki RA4W
  • I don't know what's holding me back from trying this, it should be the kind of company and set up I go for, but gut feeling and all that..

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2015

@NullMind -Are all of your services still in Beta?
    Do the below linked terms of service apply to paid services under this offer?
    feedback.cloud.net/knowledge-base/article/terms-of-service

Such as:

1. Beta Environment. You understand and agree that the Beta Products are to be used only in a Beta Environment for testing purposes and not in a live or production environment or for live or production purposes. You also understand and agree that at any time, whether during or after any period specified by Us for Beta Product Testing, We may, without any liability to You, stop access to or use of any or all of the Beta Products and delete from any equipment or systems used or provided by Us or on our behalf, any and all data that You may have stored or collected as part of the Beta Product Testing with the effect that it shall be irretrievably lost to You and/or Us.
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2015

I have used this service -- The company I work for even utilizes OnApp -- however I think the interface has some bugs to be worked out. I encountered being provisioned in locations other than the one I chose while the panel still would proclaim it was provisioned where it was supposed to and bill you at the rate for the location you chose (one such instance resulted in being provisioned on a Hypervisor in a complete different country, with incorrect resource allocation and charging me more than the server of such spec cost in that location). I also encountered situations where the site would say servers are available in a location only to fill out the provisioning form and be met with an error stating no more resources were available in that location, yet the location would remain showing as available. Also, the performance of the low cost locations, especially those outside the US leave something to be desired. Not sure if it was abuse or overselling of the location but I found network performance sub-optimal. Sure, the locations over $10 are generally reliable, but the amount of resources you get with them is pretty sad at the price point for services outside the US. I still have credits sitting unused in their system because I just got tired of the lack of performance from the lower cost servers.

If you don't have a need for large amount of resources in some exotic locations, it can be Okay. If you have a lot of money to spend and want to buy the larger packages it may also work out better. Though the exotic locations you would most likely want to try are quite expensive and generally only include only ~50Gb bandwidth at the entry level, which isn't much for any project, and adding additional bandwidth is quite costly.

In theory its a great idea, so far the execution of it leaves a bit to be desired. I am interested to hear what others have to say about their experience, maybe these things have improved in the past 2 weeks since last I checked?

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2FrankZ giang
  • @Lee said:
    I don't know what's holding me back from trying this, it should be the kind of company and set up I go for, but gut feeling and all that..

I'll give you a good reason: the CP's unfinished and missing some very basic functionality. E.g., you can't reload the OS. Only option is to delete and create a new instance with a new IP.

I'm not sure if they've stopped development on the panel or what because they've supposedly been working on that particular feature for over a year.

It's a real shame because the instances themselves in some of the locations (like the SoftLayer ones) are quite good.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • The Norway location with more than 50GB bandwidth looked interesting. Unfortunately, getting segmentation faults on Geekbench which has worked on every other machine of mine so far on CentOS 6.

My 1024 MB machine also has 650 MB usable, with the explanation the rest is reserved for system upgrades in real-time, which seems odd. (374 MB missing)

Was looking forward to another Norway backup server, but I think I'll be sticking with TerraCloud after the first month.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • How long does it take to build an instance?

• Ok, it would appear that whilst there are some very good offerings from the likes of SoftLayer the actual implementation and delivery of the system is shit. Best avoided then unless for non essential things, which kind of defeats the purpose.

• The reload OS functionality is coming soon, it was missing because support for it via the federation was not complete, we are also working on additional IP support.

• KrisKris Member
    edited September 2015

NullMind said: The reload OS functionality is coming soon, it was missing because support for it via the federation was not complete, we are also working on additional IP support.

Hoping this will fix my Norway machine, which segfaults on a 64-bit program that works everywhere else (Geekbench) - Works fine on 'Uptime Alliance's' ATL machine.

My 1024 MB machine is also missing 374 MB in Norway, while only 5 MB in ATL (same company)

Filed a ticket, but told that was normal. I'm not sure if if it is.

[root@no2 ~]# free -m
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:           650        596         54          0         54         32
    -/+ buffers/cache:        509        141
    Swap:         1023          0       1023

[root@no2 ~]# cat /proc/meminfo
    MemTotal:         666460 kB
    MemFree:           46620 kB
    Buffers:           55588 kB
    Cached:            33396 kB
    SwapCached:            0 kB
    Active:            54252 kB
    Inactive:          53848 kB
    Active(anon):      10256 kB
    Inactive(anon):     9020 kB
    Active(file):      43996 kB
    Inactive(file):    44828 kB
    Unevictable:           0 kB
    Mlocked:               0 kB
    SwapTotal:       1048572 kB
    SwapFree:        1048572 kB
    Dirty:               180 kB
    Writeback:             0 kB
    AnonPages:         19104 kB
    Mapped:             6172 kB
    Shmem:               160 kB
    Slab:             418396 kB
    SReclaimable:     397736 kB
    SUnreclaim:        20660 kB
    KernelStack:        1872 kB
    PageTables:         4000 kB
    NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
    Bounce:                0 kB
    WritebackTmp:          0 kB
    CommitLimit:     1381800 kB
    Committed_AS:      86936 kB
    VmallocTotal:   34359738367 kB
    VmallocUsed:       44912 kB
    VmallocChunk:   34359692256 kB
    HardwareCorrupted:     0 kB
    AnonHugePages:         0 kB
    HugePages_Total:       0
    HugePages_Free:        0
    HugePages_Rsvd:        0
    HugePages_Surp:        0
    Hugepagesize:       2048 kB
    DirectMap4k:    10485760 kB
    DirectMap2M:           0 kB

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2015

@Kris This is one of the locations I had issues with. They did not provision the correct resources for me either. The network was abysmal usually having less than 100Mbit throughput and just felt like the whole hypervisor was oversold (most likely the cause of your segfaults also). The Norway location is actually one of the main reasons I tried it. I wasn't impressed.

I am not sure why you would need resources held back from you to be able to upgrade, we sell OnApp VMs and I am not familiar with the need to cheat a customer out of a percentage of their ram for any reason, so that is defiantly odd to me. If you sell a bill of goods that is what you should get, not -x%, are they the mob or something, taking their cut off the top? I kid, but c'mon.

@NullMind so what is the deal with the resources and how they are allocated cause this seems quite sketchy to me?

Cheers!

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Using their Uptime Alliance in Norway, it's alright I suppose. Pretty cheap for that area.