Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget High RAM anything (With snapshots), billed annually - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget High RAM anything (With snapshots), billed annually

2»

Comments

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited September 2015

@Junkless said:

When an account is banned, snapshots of all VMs are automatically taken so that the account can be easily restored. I'm not sure what horror stories you are referring to, but we have over 5,000 users on Wable and we've been in business since 2008, so one or two complaints isn't unusual, and they're typically from people whom broke the TOS. We actively work to improve the service all the time, and appreciate all feedback.

Thanks for the feedback.

• smallet said: Delimiter Dual E5420 at €180/year when billed yearly with double RAM offer. Lots of storage and ram, much threads, wow. Still kinda pricey for me.

Thanks for the consideration, but I would not recommend a single disk server for a production mailserver. You want RAID1 at a minimum.

We run a lot of Zimbra instances both for internal use and also for services. You really want to be using dedicated resources. Zimbra can generate a tonne of load and you want to know that the CPU/memory is really there when you need it.

• @MarkTurner said:
    We run a lot of Zimbra instances both for internal use and also for services. You really want to be using dedicated resources. Zimbra can generate a tonne of load and you want to know that the CPU/memory is really there when you need it.

Have any idea what the memory usage is like, with around 10 active users? I couldn't make it cross 3GB while testing (leaving it idle for weeks does makes it bloat some)

And, according to you, would the wable vms be good enough for that?

• anyone running windoze on wable? or would I get wabled for it?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@GM2015 said:
    anyone running windoze on wable? or would I get wabled for it?

You can't run Windows on Wable as it is VZ, but you can run Windows on our KVM brand SpeedyKVM (LEB post)

• smallet said: Have any idea what the memory usage is like, with around 10 active users? I couldn't make it cross 3GB while testing (leaving it idle for weeks does makes it bloat some)

I wouldn't run Zimbra on a third party VPS at all. Zimbra's hundreds of Java apps just go crazy sometimes and start hogging disk, hogging memory and hogging CPU.

I would go dedicated so there is no issue if you start heavily hitting resources. We have some dedicated resource VPS but still I would push you towards a dedicated server.

Zimbra is a resource hog.