Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QNX on a VPS ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QNX on a VPS ?

IndicIndic Member
edited August 2011 in General

It might sound a bit crazy idea.

Just like to know if anyone have any experience in deploying QNX on a VPS or dedi?
In my work I use QNX on embedded platforms, but I am aware that it is very scalable, portable and its self healing feature (comes from QNX's microkernel architecture) makes it ideal for server platform. Anyone have done any experiment on this?

Comments

• You can do it, but you would need full virtualization, I know that it works on vmWare and on Microsoft HyperV. As for KVM and Xen HVM not really sure.

Maybe one of the readers from the forum could make a small install test on KVM and let us know.

• QNX is robust and scalable, but i think the stability and scalability problems in web apps lies in the application it self, not in the operating system.

• First I've ever heard of it.

Linkie in case someone else is in the same boat: http://www.qnx.com/

• @pepaya you are right. But still 'adaptive partitioning', 'drivers as userland process' makes it very stable. Also it has far better POSIX support than linux.

@thekreek Apart from VMware & HyperV, QNX runs on QEMU, so it should run on KVM I guess.

• @indic

yeah, but you introduce another problems : software that can run on QNX is as not much as software that can run on linux.

Except you want to run router on your VPS :)

• @pepaya True