Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Round 2: XiNiX and their service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Round 2: XiNiX and their service

geekhostgeekhost Member
edited September 2015 in Providers

After I had acknowledged an apology from XiNiX in pm, I decided to use the service again and took it as a rather one of those bad days at the office. I was given a trial week and during that trial week I didn't move any domains, because I wanted to evaluate the service, soon as I paid there was problems with the service.
E.g.
cpanel.mydomain.com redirected me to main.xinix.co <--- not whitelabelled, its like I'm using shared hosting from them
webmail.mydomain.com did the same thing, but these are dead links and I have mentioned this twice in the tickets.

SALES:

I was told I can't received a FREE dedicated IPv4 address, it was only for Budget Plan - LRB-100G plans. My concern is why would they include it in the listing above all service plans and they put in brackets for services that included WHMCS and wildcard SSL.

What I know is when you run a business if you make such mistakes, It's not the client's fault and therefore you need to provide what you promised in your advert.

Another request was: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1261412

Conclusion:
Since I paid for the service again, there have been a lot of problems.

Comments

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

Firstly, We were already working on your issues , each one of them , That is what we do when we face issues and... honestly, thats something faced by every host and they do what we are doing as of now... ( before you told us to halt ) , try to resolve them . Isnt it ?

Secondly, The Ad related confusion has been explined in the Ticket. The Free IP is missing the Bracket coz, One of the Budget Plans , LRB-100G does include a Free IP.

Furthermore, in the Explaination of the Plan ( you ordered ) there is clearly described with NO FREE IP.

I future i would advise my sales Team, to make changes so as to avoid this confusion. Since this is first such case, we regret the inconevance caused.

PS : For $19/ Year ( Thats less than $2 /Mo ) you got a Free SSL certificate, Free Migration of Accounts and a 25 GB Reseller , Then A Support Team that was working WITH you to resolve the issues , i dont understand the need to defame a host like this.

• "free IP for all plans"

"but the smallest plan says no free IP"

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Also, I don't see where were you promised a whitelabel solution.

• geekhostgeekhost Member
    edited September 2015

@XiNiX said:
    Firstly, We were already working on your issues , each one of them , That is what we do when we face issues and honestly, thats something faced by every host and they do what we are doing as of now ( before you told us to halt ) , try to resolve them . Isnt it ?

Secondly, The Ad related confusion has been explined in the Ticket. The Free IP is missing the Bracket coz, One of the Budget Plans , LRB-100G does include a Free IP.

Furthermore, in the Explaination of the Plan ( you ordered ) there is clearly described with NO FREE IP.

I future i would advise my sales Team, to make changes so as to avoid this confusion. Since this is first such case, we regret the inconevance caused.

@XiNiX said:
    Firstly, We were already working on your issues , each one of them , That is what we do when we face issues and honestly, thats something faced by every host and they do what we are doing as of now ( before you told us to halt ) , try to resolve them . Isnt it ?

I am moving on mate. After 10 years stuff like that shouldn't be an issue at all. Your posts on WHT don't have the brackets, so to me it was like part of the packages someone else would read it the same, such mistakes you must acknowledge and provide what you are selling that's what most companies do. The SSL issue should be improved, it would be best to have a ssl link for your main hostname this eliminates SSL issues and looks more trustworthy.

My clients have staff members that they don't want to have access to cpanel because of security reasons. The webmail link is a must.

• @Radi said:
    Also, I don't see where were you promised a whitelabel solution.

but if their main hostname is a deadlink?

edited September 2015

@geekhost said:
    My clients have staff members that they don't want to have access to cpanel because of security reasons. The webmail link is a must.

We respect your decision. Im sure, we shall ensure the minor issues you mentioned will be eliminated ( as told to you via tickets ) asap.

As i have already said, The Ad will be reviewd and changes will be made.. I'll make sure they put "relevant brackets" from now on.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@geekhost said:

Well that is a different case. It may not be whitelabel, but should be a working link.

• can't you use IP instead? if it's a new server, hostname may not have properly resolved yet

edited September 2015

@century1stop said:
    can't you use IP instead? if it's a new server, hostname may not have properly resolved yet

Well, that was explained to him thoroughly and we were actually working on his request to eliminate the issue, when this post was made.

It would have made sense if we were not responding, but , If a Problem exists with XiNiX ( or any service provider ), it will be solved by XiNiX ( or the service provider via HelpDesk ) not LET !

• @OP, file a chargeback with your CC company and just be done with a shady host like this.

edited September 2015

I did address the issue with the hostname a few days ago but It was never resolved till I raised it again today. I feel they are still learning cpanel personally if they do have clients on these resellers they can't expect them to access emails through cpanel login and the link redirection is e.g. https://domain.com:2097+http://domain.com/ <-- dead link.

• 10 Years in business means:
    Means you must be GURUS with WHM/CPANEL.
    Sales error will result in bigger issues with other customers.
    I also have clients that want their stuff to work. I have said before I will give one benefit of the doubt, but I will not ruin my name I am also at the beginning stages of providing hosting myself since I do their designs.

edited September 2015

@realbusiness, I hve already proved your lies in a previous thread. I hve reported your post.

This guy Abused our services, Made a dispute at paypal and lost.

@geekhost, The problem was that it is new node, i hve explained the rest above. Besides, you never waited for the support to make the changes. We were working on ur Ticket.

• @XiNiX said:
    We were working on ur Ticket.

Text speak? What a "professional" way to respond.

• @lazyt said:
    Text speak? What a "professional" way to respond.

He should consider "the Wable way" to customer service instead.

Thanked by 3Junkless ATHK 4n0nx
  • Hmm. Appears to be to be following the Gordon school instead.

• XiNiX said: I future i would advise my sales Team, to make changes so as to avoid this confusion. Since this is first such case, we regret the inconevance caused.

So you admit it's confusing but won't supply the "first such case" customer with an IP address for a year? What, is your reputation worth less than $5 or something?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • I would like to ask am i entitled to a full refund since I have only been with them for 10 days and on the site they do offer a 30 days money back guarantee.

Reasons:
    1. False advertising.
    2. I have addressed the issue for SSL for a number of times
    3. Deadlinks

In terms of support can't say much.

• HosTanGoHosTanGo Member
    edited September 2015

@geekhost said:
    I would like to ask am i entitled to a full refund since I have only been with them for 10 days and on the site they do offer a 30 days money back guarantee.

Reasons:
    1. False advertising.
    3. Deadlinks

You are elible for refunds. But they will will do so as per their terms.
    Or to make sure you get your money , You can file a dispute at PP.

Also, Im my openion, you are simply trying to bash a host for things that can and should be resolved via tickets. There are hosts who dont even care to reply tickets or respond for days.

Im, sure you would not like a unsatisfied client ( yes you do get them.. time and again , whatever you do ) for some odd reason, who tried to use LET as medium to prove a point. Be prepared, im sure you will love the LET trials... In business you must not do to others what you wont like for yourself.

Hosts, have your data , your reputation it takes time to build a trust. I have been with 4 - 5 hosts, and i know their CEOs personally, i care my data and i try to resolve issues, rather shouting in public for every nut and bolt that goes wrong.

• MridulMridul Member
    edited September 2015

@geekhost said:
    I would like to ask am i entitled to a full refund since I have only been with them for 10 days and on the site they do offer a 30 days money back guarantee.

Reasons:
    1. False advertising.
    3. Deadlinks

They may refund you as per their terms, but IMHO, you have left no stone unturned to make things worse.

You simply started this thread to spill dirt ( which didnt happened ) and now you are crying for refunds.

Your name sounds you are a web host yourself, would you expect this from your clients ? Instrospect.

• False Advsetizing : Did u care to clarify ? I can see the ad in WHT, they have mentioned ( separately ) details of each hosting plan. Plus, theeir web page shows no mention of FREE IP, then why are u confused ? You are infact making false claims.

• SSL issue : They have told that they were working on it. The SSL issue mention is no "issue" as such. 99% hosts have self seigned login for cpanel.

• DeadLinks : As one member pointed, you never cared to use the service, using the IP which always works, and XINIX guy says they were working on it, so why not let me finish their job rather maing public trials ?

These very minor issues ( they are not even issues, in the first place ) could be resolved via tickets.

My advise, go for a PayPal dispute, im sure they will deny refunds as you dont deserve any.

edited September 2015

@Mridul :) before jumping the gun you should read carefully and then respond maybe you will understand.

In general I am not bashing the host at all. It is always best to honor what you promise to deliver.

SSL was never resolved and I have simply let it go, but I wasn't comfortable with it.

Deadlinks I had mentioned this long ago and yes minor issues were neglected till I had to raise again and again.

All the tickets I do have and I personally do apologise to the host for the way I went about things. I had a bad experience thats that.

• @HosTanGo, I respect what you are saying. What I know is that when you do run a business it's always best to never mislead your clients. I will take what I get but this is one of those bad experiences.

• I would like this thread to be closed.