Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Click Here for a Chance to Discuss a Topic! Free Trial Available! Android Virtualisation on Desktops
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Click Here for a Chance to Discuss a Topic! Free Trial Available! Android Virtualisation on Desktops

GM2015GM2015 Member
edited September 2015 in Help

Regarding people's first assumption that it's a mis-leading title, you get a free trial at discussing androids on desktops. On the house.

I'd like to know what people use for virtualising mobile apps. So far android-x86 virtualisation WITH VIRTUALBOX failed for me both on a vultr windows 2008 server and on my home laptop running 32 bit windows.

I've seen virtualbox instances running according to blog comments and some tutorials, so it's possible.

Anyone doing android stuff and dev work?

Thanked by 14n0nx

Comments

• "android virtualisation on desktops" - bluestacks

did not read the rest lele

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
  • Isn't that a huge overhead to run on servers/desktops?

4n0nx said: "android virtualisation on desktops" - bluestacks did not read the rest lele

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • GM2015 said: Isn't that a huge overhead to run on servers/desktops?

I.. don't know :( Is that important?

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited September 2015

If it kills my servers/laptop, then possibly yes. I'd run only bluespamz for limited time only lol. sounds like future emails received from them.

edited for somewhat more proper grammaz. got drunk froooooooooooooooooooooooooooom coffe and teea

4n0nx said: I.. don't know :( Is that important?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

GM2015 said: Isn't that a huge overhead to run on servers/desktops?

Nah

• I've just read many people weeping about its ram install requirement but it can be hacked according to stuff http://tipsandtricksforum.com/thread-231.html

Jar said: Nah

• When installing BlueStacks on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, many users report that they got an error says that their graphics card is not compatible with BlueStacks and the installation failed.
    For those who use the Split Installer, the message says that “Error 25000. BlueStacks currently doesn’t recognize your graphics card. It is possible your Graphics Drivers may need to be updated. Please update them and try installing again.”
    Image has been scaled down 41% (376x296). Click this bar to view original image (632x496). Click image to open in new window.
    [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows811_zpsd294ed4a.png]

If BlueStacks is installed from the Offline Installer, the message will have no error code, just be “BlueStacks currently doesn’t recognize your graphics card. It is possible your Graphics Drivers may need to be updated. Please update them and try installing again.”

Image has been scaled down 26% (376x298). Click this bar to view original image (506x401). Click image to open in new window.
    [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows812_zpsb4bcc09a.png]

The solution is so simple; just update your Graphics card driver. BlueStacks then will be installed successfully.

However if your graphics card driver is already the most updated, and you still cannot install BlueStacks, the following tips will be the answer for this issue.

1. Download the Offline Installer (.msi file) from BlueStacks server:
    Version 0.8.0.2997: 
    http://cdn.bluestacks.com/downloads/0.8....97_REL.msi
    Version 0.8.1.3003:
    http://cdn.bluestacks.com/downloads/0.8....03_REL.msi
    Version 0.8.1.3011:
    http://cdn.bluestacks.com/downloads/0.8....11_REL.msi
    Latest version:
    http://cdn.bluestacks.com/public/beta-1/...up_REL.msi

2. Download and install Orca - a Microsoft database table editor for editing Windows Installer package (.msi) files.
    Mediafire link: https://www.mediafire.com/?r1icphvay68ashc
    Softpedia link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Authoring-t...Orca.shtml

3. Right click on the installer (.msi file) > select Edit with Orca

Image has been scaled down 37% (376x180). Click this bar to view original image (596x285). Click image to open in new window.
    [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows813_zps71ade378.png]

4. Navigate to LaunchCondition > click on “Installed OR PhysicalMemory >=1024” condition > press Delete > click OK. This will help to eliminate the requirement of at least 2GB of RAM. So you can install this version of BlueStacks on machines with only 1GB of RAM.
    Image has been scaled down 41% (376x177). Click this bar to view original image (632x296). Click image to open in new window.
    [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows814_zpsc1dfe45f.png]

5. Navigate to InstallExecuteSequence > click on “CheckMsiSignature” condition> press Delete > click OK

Image has been scaled down 41% (376x178). Click this bar to view original image (632x298). Click image to open in new window.
    [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows815_zpse6427480.png]

6. Navigate to Property > double click on the TRUE value of GLMODE > replace by FALSE > press Enter.
    Image has been scaled down 41% (376x177). Click this bar to view original image (632x296). Click image to open in new window.
    [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows816_zps8d227f13.png]

7. Click on the Save button [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows817_zps819cf183.png] Then close Orca.

8. Now double click on the msi file to install BlueStacks.

Image has been scaled down 27% (376x295). Click this bar to view original image (509x399). Click image to open in new window.
    [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows818_zps416d8253.png]

End enjoy BlueStacks version 0.8 on your Windows 8.1 machine without updating Graphics card driver.
    Image has been scaled down 41% (376x222). Click this bar to view original image (632x373). Click image to open in new window.
    [Image: FixedError25000ofBlueStacksonWindows819_zpsf2cfe81e.png]

Related tips and tricks

How to root or hack BlueStacks Beta?
        Run Android Apps on Windows PC or Mac with BlueStacks
        BlueStacks black screen after loading
        How to use Primo Ramdisk to speed up PC 50 times faster

How to increase the size of RAM in BlueStacks

Windows file data recovery

Update to Windows 8.1 failed Error Code: 0xC1900101-0x20017

WiFi Problem on Windows 8

Solved - Error 0x80070002 - 0x20009 Windows 8.1 update

How to fix: Limited WiFi connection problem in Windows 8.1

9 Tips To Help You Keep Your Windows XP Safe After End-Of-Life

The guide to burning a new Windows 7 installation DVD

How to increase the size of SD Card in BlueStacks

Enable Administrator account in Windows (Version 7, 8 and 8.1)

• bluestack works for most of the computer I got my hands with(range from 1-5 years, with major gfx card). keep in mind this program is not design to be running on vps, for many reasons. If you are developing there are other official tools that should be used instead.

• bluestack's retarded, but with that link above the installer didn't give their creepy video driver bug. And now, it launched. Thanks yo.

I will see some more efficient and less spammy android emulators later, if possibro. Until lettuce thank you for yoyo timez.

But I welcome every attempt of drama and advice in this thread.

belinik said: bluestack works for most of the computer I got my hands with(range from 1-5 years, with major gfx card). keep in mind this program is not design to be running on vps, for many reasons. If you are developing there are other official tools that should be used instead.

• GM2015 said: Until lettuce thank you for yoyo timez.

what

• DuOS is the best imo

http://www.amiduos.com/

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

GM2015 said: bluestack's retarded,

Thanks yo.

possibro.

Until lettuce thank you for yoyo timez.

But I welcome every attempt of drama and advice in this thread.

Here you go:

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Why did it fail on Virtualbox? What issue it gave?
    I had no problem running it on Windows.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited September 2015

Kernel panic. Based on comments, there is some virtualisation stuff that needs to be enabled on intel/amd processors for x86 to work properly from bios.

I'm gonna reboot into bios and see what I find.

See this topic:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/61828/how-can-i-run-android-x86-isos-on-windows-server-08#latest

Radi said: Why did it fail on Virtualbox? What issue it gave? I had no problem running it on Windows.

• I use Bluestacks myself and have also tried Genymotion. Genymotion has better stability (less crashes) running games for me but it's taking much longer to setup and the free version is pretty limited in features. It uses Virtualbox for virtualization.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

I've used bluestacks on a Windows Server 2012 with no problems.

It failed for me on 2008 R2 because of a driver error.