Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Introduces DDoS Protection for 0.015$/hour - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Introduces DDoS Protection for 0.015$/hour

2»

Comments

• @kcaj said:
    Ironic - with their New Jersey footprint boasting over 1000Gb/s of network capacity and now themselves entering the DDoS mitigation game, why aren't they capable of defending themselves?

Assuming they're on the Business plan, then for $200/month it's someone else's problem.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited September 2015

realbusiness said: I would partially agree with that. Race for the lowest price means something has to go and why not start with something that can't be measured.

I have to disagree customer service can be measured and has been done so successfully man times. If you and Vultr, or any other company for that matter, believe this to untrue you are just deluding yourself. I have seen many companies go by the wayside because they made this very same mistake. I am sure I will see many more do the same.

Just because one segment of a market is willing to put up with some things does not mean the majority will be also. If you continue to think this way you find out that the ones that expect to be treated a certain way will get it or go elsewhere, and when they do they take others with them. That leaves you holding nothing.

• Since when is null routing ddos protection? Its more like pulling the plug.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • For that price I'm better off using OVH VPS as a reverse proxy.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Maniac said:
    For that price I'm better off using OVH VPS as a reverse proxy.

Nothing stops you.

• Clouvider said: Nothing stops you.

I'm surprised you are not complaining on OVH this time.

• OVH protection isn't wonderful, @Maniac, but Vultr DDOS protection looks crappy. At least OVH can handle my 200GBPS attacks and not nullroute me.

• doghouch said: OVH protection isn't wonderful, @Maniac, but Vultr DDOS protection looks crappy. At least OVH can handle my 200GBPS attacks and not nullroute me.

Those attackers must be really awful at what they do, far less can take OVH down if you don't just hammer them with UDP.

• @tr1cky said:
    Those attackers must be really awful at what they do, far less can take OVH down if you don't just hammer them with UDP.

again? i though they were fix a lot of issues with internal attacks, and different TCP floods...