Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wiki for low end box
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wiki for low end box

There are a lot for linux and it needs the ability for user entry (web), database, and ability to upload/download files. Which should I look for a small vps? Searching for wiki on this site brought a lot of unrelated links, thx, sam

Comments

• https://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki#

Best you got and flat file, so need for a database.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

DokuWiki works well, dunno what's the default look of it these days, but I love the "old Wikipedia" theme for it. https://www.dokuwiki.org/template:monobook

• For a small ram vps, docuwiki is probably the way to go.

But if you need the added features of Gitlab + private repo hosting anyway,
    Gitlab has integrated 'Gollum wiki'. (It's just a markdown git repo you can checkout to local machine for zero connectivity situations).

If you don't need Gitlab(and its 1.5GB RAM requirement, Standalone Gollum wiki is also an option for a private wiki.(ruby runtime though)

I like the idea of separating content storage and revision history. (here git is responsble for versioning, not the wiki software)

• Thanks for the pointer. Using git to back it up sounds intriguing.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2015

I use Dokuwiki on a proper LEB, you don't even notice it's there in terms of resource usage.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Another happy DocuWiki user here. It's indeed a very decent piece of software overall.

• Using Docuwiki on a LES as my primary website CMS. It's brilliant.

• outimeoutime Member
    edited September 2015

+1 for DokuWiki.