Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM or Virtualizor for KVM ? Or others ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM or Virtualizor for KVM ? Or others ?

DengaDenga Member
edited September 2015 in General

Hi folks,

I know this was asked couple of times before but I couldn't find exact answer for my question.
My question is, I want to create KVM VPSes and I am not sure which one to use. SolusVM or Virtualizor ?
Also, I found many say proxmox is nice.

Which one for KVM Virtualization ?
  1. Which one for KVM Virtualization ?30 votes
    1. Virtualizor
      23.33%
    2. SolusVM
      53.33%
    3. Proxmox
      23.33%

Comments

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

Virtualizor :

Ticket response - good

Phone support - very good, as i in india i use this method

Forum support - very poor

Virtualizor dont have much documentation..... but as i use a while long i recommend them

Thanked by 1Denga
  • @vpsGOD I found Skype to be the most effective method.

Thanked by 2vpsGOD Denga
  • if it's just for personal use go with proxmox

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Virtualizor = Bugs and Bugs every update...

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

For KVM, I'd have to stick with Virtualizor - I've always had small issues with it on SolusVM and it's just easier to stick with Virtualizor.

For OVZ though, SolusVM hands down wins.

Thanked by 1Denga
  • DengaDenga Member
    edited September 2015

Thank but I am not in India. So, I will be using ticket for both SolusVM and proxmox. > @robohost said:

if it's just for personal use go with proxmox

It's for commercial use.

• @Denga said:

Thank but I am not in India. So, I will be using ticket for both SolusVM and proxmox. > robohost said:
    It's for commercial use.

if it's for commercial use and you don't know what to use please at least learn it for 2-3 month so your customer will get fast soltuion when there is any trouble with the virtualization

Thanked by 1Denga
  • @robohost said:
    if it's for commercial use and you don't know what to use please at least learn it for 2-3 month so your customer will get fast soltuion when there is any trouble with the virtualization

I know how to manage them. But I am not sure which one to use for KVM virtualization.

• Virtualizor all the way, you'll may face some initially configuration but their skype support is pretty good. There is no issue so far after initial issues, virtualizor has more features & documentations than SolusVM.

FYI I use Virtualizor for KVM.

• Virtualizor has worked well for us, there's been a few very minor hiccups that were quickly sorted and resolved.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited September 2015

If you need to create infrastructure (or virtual infrastructure) for low number of VMs (then go with Proxmox)

If you need to provide VPS for sale wiht auto provision or a lot of VMs in non complex environment then go with Virtualizor it go a lot more features than solus

I use them both (i do test with solus ona trial and was'n impressed)

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2015

Also, if you're planning to offer cloud VPS accounts, use Virtualizor. Comes with that feature Solus still doesn't have: an API. Plus, you can delegate IPv6 blocks, and modify running VPS servers.

• I don't know why people add in "for personal use" in the same sentence as Proxmox. Proxmox is good for production use. Providers use it. Established providers.. because it can run OVZ and KVM on the same server. There's no stability issues either. Used it 5+ years with no problem and only issues I had was when I came up with a dumb idea to experiment when thats why "testing" servers are used.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited September 2015

Yes Proxmox is good for both production setups for enterprises to replace vmware with no lack of functionality and for personal use ... not good for low end providers as every VM depend on initial setup will require a bit manual touches ... It is ok for high end managed VPS

PS Proxmox do not have monthly bandwidth cap but again not problem for central monitored managed vps...