Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with a medium/large IPv6 block
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with a medium/large IPv6 block

Hey guys and girls.

I was wondering if anyone was able to point me in the right direction for a small VPS with a medium to large IPv6 block assigned to it.

I am after:

• Either a /56 or /48 assigned (native please. And no I dont want to deal with a tunnelbroker on the VM)
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • ~512MB RAM
  • ~10GB Disk
  • ~200GB Bandwidth
  • Must be visualized and not a container
  • Ability to reinstall OS at own will - control panel

reason I want above the standard /64 allocation is because I want to play and experiment with IPv6 and SLAAC/DHCPv6 over VPN.

If it s a concern, the provider is more than welcome to block all outgoing mail ports if it also makes them feel safer

Budget: Up to 20 USD/month

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2015

adamBB said: Budget: Up to 20 USD/month

It's not a VPS, but If a Raspberry Pi dedicated is good enough for your tests - i can offer it for far less than $20/month. /48 ipv6 assigned to your name and routed to the server is $10 one time. Free if you already have a RIPE handle with valid information.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Hey,

Have a look at our Cloud here:

https://www.clouvider.co.uk/cloud-servers/cloud-vps

Get 55% discount for life with discount code: 75EZEJKV7F

We can deliver /48 with global routing from Level3, GTT and NTT free of charge on request. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM :).

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited September 2015

I've read good things about Vstoike.ru's KVM offers (look on LEB for their $30-40/yr plans), IIRC you get a /56 block.

oh and congrats for getting ipv6 right!

Thanked by 1adamBB
  • Wait and see if @dacentec get their $20 AMD machine back in soon

Dual Operaton 1381
    8GB RAM
    2x2TB Disk
    /48 IPv4

$20/month

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Could you get a cheap dedi from online.net? 6eur/mo and you get a /48 for free

• Thank for the replies everyone!

rds100 said: It's not a VPS, but If a Raspberry Pi dedicated is good enough for your tests

I expect to mess up the configs a few times, can you confirm if I am able to reinstall the OS on the RPI as many times as I want with out the need of a support ticket?

Clouvider said: We can deliver /48 with global routing from Level3, GTT and NTT free of charge on request. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM :).

Same question as above, am I able to reinstall without any staff help (using a control panel or something along the lines) as I expect to screw things up while learning/playing

hostnoob said: Could you get a cheap dedi from online.net? 6eur/mo and you get a /48 for free

I really struggle with the online.net DHCP/Dibller config. I would prefer something else that simply gets assigned a static range so I dont have other things to worry about.

• TropiThomas said: Wait and see if @dacentec get their $20 AMD machine back in soon

Dual Operaton 1381

8GB RAM
    2x2TB Disk
    /48 IPv4

$20/month

WHAT WHERE WHEN HOW :O

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @4n0nx said:
    WHAT WHERE WHEN HOW :O

Just be patient every month they do a big restock it was about 4-5 days ago and have sold out. Picked up their $30 RTO and looking to get some more of the $20 servers. Amazing for backups and testing hardware

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@adamBB yes, you can reinstall using our panel with no need for any staff assistance :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

TropiThomas said: /48 IPv4

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • arpnetwork?

• https://arpnetworks.com/vps

Been with them for a couple of months, very good service.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2015

adamBB said: I expect to mess up the configs a few times, can you confirm if I am able to reinstall the OS on the RPI as many times as I want with out the need of a support ticket?

Yes, you can reisnstall it as much as you want from our control panel - it's automated. Though there are not that many OS options, for instance there is no Ubuntu. But there is Raspbian, which is a debian clone so should be good enough. The downside is that the CPU of the Raspberri Pi is quite weak.