Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner İnstallation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner İnstallation

UrulokiUruloki Member
edited September 2015 in Help

Hello. My server unavailable for almost 3 weeks. (Actually more than 3 weeks but I can use a litle bit.) I hired from Hetzner company. My system features are i7 2600 32gbram and 2x3tb hdd. If I'm the first to tell you from the start I want to raid 0 windows and I barely made setup on the motherboard's raid system. (GPT format doesn't work at 756gb free space) but it doesn't boot. Then again taking ahci mod again barely (do it gpt format one or two times) I made 2x756gb+2x2tb free space. With Windows software RAID 0 I made 4tb space from 2x2tb space. But the performance was deplorable. After use it this way for several months system began to give hdd warning. And I thought to make virtualize it. Then first I setup proxmox 4 on debian and setup windows server 2008 r2 as a virtual machine. (I choose virto driver (I might have chosen the wrong)) But the performance was still bad. Benefiting from a link at this time ( http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1113921/#Comment_1113921 and ) I setup raid 0 centos 6.7. Do nat mod and port forward I connected to machine with rdp. and do almost all work. In this morning I saw the machine enters recovery mode. So I struggle in vain. In the support results it seems to error on harddisks and they decided to change. What do you offer at this situation?

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2015

Sounds like you have a server with dying hard drive(s), From recovery, I would test SMART on the drives to see if it shows any errors (likely will baesd on what you said) and open a ticket to Hetzner for hardware replacement and provide them the logs from the SMART test for the drives which are showing errors.

Hope this helps.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Sounds like you have a server with dying hard drive(s), From recovery, I would test SMART on the drives to see if it shows any errors (likely will baesd on what you said) and open a ticket to Hetzner for hardware replacement and provide them the logs from the SMART test for the drives which are showing errors.

Hope this helps.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hetzner check my drives and found error and replace hdds but again dont boot uefi mode