Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[DE] High availability hosting, KVM, RAID60 (16x SSD), dual XEON (24 cores), 48h backup, 150GB Samba
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[DE] High availability hosting, KVM, RAID60 (16x SSD), dual XEON (24 cores), 48h backup, 150GB Samba

ServercowServercow Member
edited September 2015 in Offers

Hello LET,

We are proud to announce our first international low-budget hosting package.

Servercow

Servercow is managed by me: André Peters. It is mainly financed by IT consulting we offer in Germany, which is why we can offer you a high-end system for an ultra-low price.

Our primary goal is security, redundancy and high-availability.

Review

Some users were given a chance to benchmark our VPS, @nexusrain was one of them and even reviewed his experience; thank you!

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/61711/servercow-enterprise-capable-vps

Offer

Order link: https://cp.servercow.de/order/main/packages/vps/?set_language=en_us

Price: 5€ (which is $5.57 right now)

What you get:

• High redundancy (RAID60, 16 SSDs, multiple NICs, multiple PSU)

• automated full-backups every 2nd day

• 512MB RAM, 1 vCore, 10GB SSD

• 150GB via Samba and FTP on a RAID5 storage server (mountable)

• a fair-use traffic flat (we care about our network!)

• 1 IPv4 (5 IPv6)

• Highly monitored systems

• 1 Gbit/s (current carriers DTAG, Hibernia, GTT, DECIX - test here: http://lg.datafabrik.de )

What happens at DDoS attacks: When you are under attack, our hardware will automatically disable your IP until the attack stops.
Please keep in mind that a DDoS protected webspace is not really hard to archive nowadays. DDoS protect a KVM machine in contrast is very expensive (done right).

(Our primary website is not yet fully translated: www.servercow.de )

PS: Do you know our mailcow? -> www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/58855/mailcow-a-complete-mail-server-suite

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Great offer! I really think you guys will do well here.

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Thank you, Jar!

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

WHy a RAID60 with SSDs? The wear is horrible in that config...

HA also implies a hot standby node which seems to be not the case here, or? It also implies the storage is mounted by network or Infiniband which does not seem to be the case either...

Servercow said: Please keep in mind that a DDoS protected webspace is not really hard to archive nowadays. DDoS protect a KVM machine in contrast is very expensive (done right).

You... what? Its exactly the same as the protection runs on L3/L4 anyway, in front of either... if any the webspace is harder to protect as it requires L7 filtering and possibly SSL termination.

• We can define HA even further, so what? This offer is definitely highly available for what you pay, isn't it? It does not stop at a standby node.

I wonder what you think webspace is. For me it is, you already found out, a layer 7 app. I don't get why exactly you find it harder to DDoS protect on that layer, I personally have much less trouble here. But I think I know what you are talking about.

Whatever, I was referring to webhosters advertising a Cloudflare'd DNS as DDoS protection. This can be misleading.

• Argh, totally forgot your "question" about RAID60.
    You argue it is not HA without failover node and say RAID60 has a horrible wear?
    I do not start a discussion about RAID levels here. RAID60 is a good compromise between speed and security. You see we aim to offer a great data availability. RAID levels depend on your exact needs and situation. I think you know that. You would need to know our exact use case.
    Whatever. We can talk about this in another thread, if you like to. This is definitely not the correct place.

Regards,
    André

• Are the multiple NICs connected to different mix of carriers?

We love lists.

• Had a great experience with them, and you're welcome regarding the review :)

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • William sucks.

• @vimalware said:
    Are the multiple NICs connected to different mix of carriers?

We love lists.

Sorry, just different hardware. I will give you some more detail tomorrow. I can be more specific about whatever you wish.

We do not overcommit memory and aim to keep KSM disabled. The load is very low at this moment, the same goes for the network.

PS: You can contact me (André) if you are looking for a free VPS/free webhosting for open source projects. We are happy to help you getting started!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Butters said:
    William sucks.

That's not quite fair. I'm sure it's an honest mistake but yes, high availability does seem to be an incorrect statement, which could be taken as a point of false advertising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_availability

I'm sure nothing malicious was meant, just a misunderstanding of the accepted definition of the term.

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Correct, that was not my intention at all. :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Hello LET geeks,

We want to get rid of a few more KVM VPS!

Your assigned node: 2x Xeon 2620, 16 SSD in RAID60, auto. backups, fail-over networking and PSU on different systems

• 768MB RAM

• 15GB SSD

• 150GB NAS (Samba, FTP)
    • 2 vCores

4.40€ / $5 @ 1 month

Order link

Our control panel and support is available in English.

Our main website is German-only at this moment.

(moo? mailcow. :) )