Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What ticket response time do you expect? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What ticket response time do you expect?

Comments

• For critical tickets during daytime hours, I'd expect 1-2hrs response time. Anything else, I expect under 24hrs, but prefer responses within 12hrs.

I don't submit many tickets though... I've had my BuyVM the longest (almost 12 months now), and I've probably opened around 5 tickets.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I didnt have much need of speed for my tickets, if it is down I expect the provider to know and act fast, if it is down for more than a day, maybe it is time to switch providers, unless there is a clear explanation on the site some place.
    Other things, billing, etc, dont matter much, I usually send tickets in time to give more than 24 hours. It happened to not get answers at all, that is OK, I usually need only to have the proof I sent the ticket.
    Ever since i started to buy from the lowend market (mind you, at that time a xen 128 under 7 $ was a great find...) I never had great expectations, I find ppl today being very picky, but also the market is big now and has plenty of choice, I was more like, not upset the provider so not lose the cheap and kinda working service, so to speak...
    Since I now provide answers to the tickets, I usually feel bad when I go to eat or buy food and it takes more than half an hour...
    The worst thing I do is forget live chat on when I go some place...

• 24 hours on a weekday is fine for non-important stuff. If my server is down 4 hours until I get antsy.

• @miTgiB said: I would rather fix the problem in those first minutes instead of answering tickets asking about it

+1 to this. Rather reply a bit slower and have it fixed than to say yes we are now working on it but have the actual fix a lot later due to it.

• for sales and tech problems on weekdays, about 12-15hrs maybe, unless server is down.

i'll give the support their weekends, unless server is down too. :D

• For all budget providers, I 'expect' 24 hours. People have things to take care of too :)

Unless it's a critical system that's actually costing me money, in which case, it wouldn't be single homed to one VPS anyway.

• I don't mind waiting 24 hours on a non-urgent ticket, although obviously faster is nice.

For an urgent situation where the VPS is down, I'd really hope for a response within say 4 hours during the provider's normal business hours, even if it's just a copy-pasted 'we're working on it'.

• Long response (24hr) for me is okay, just as long as support is available on weekends, specially on critical ones. An LEB provider I tried before don't have support from Saturday to Monday, even if problem is urgent. That's a long weekend.

I love some providers who gets notified in their mobiles on tickets. They can act right away even on weekend/holidays when problems are critical.

• @jcaleb said: I love some providers who gets notified in their mobiles on tickets. They can act right away even on weekend/holidays when problems are critical.

That's what my Galaxy S3 is for :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@concerto49 said: That's what my Galaxy S3 is for :)

Anything can receive an SMS. Nodeping alerts, munin alerts or whatever works for you, can send an email and the email can have filters to forward to sms.
    You may not be able to ssh from dumb phones, tho :P

• @Maounique said: Anything can receive an SMS.

No doubt. I'm not saying the other phones don't work. There are lots of smart phones out there anyhow.

@Maounique said: You may not be able to ssh from dumb phones, tho :P

I rather not ssh from any phone if possible. It's a pain :)

• I expect that everything should just work and i shouldn't need to open any tickets.

• I want to move to that perfect world @rds100 :(

• URGENT SITUATION - Within 1 Hour
    ALL ELSE - Within 24 hours

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Depends completely on what the ticket is concerning IMO.

If the VPS is down completely then I'd definitely hope for a response within 6 hours. If it's some other query not really related to a "problem" as such then within 12 to 18 hours is fine I think.

As both a customer and supplier I understand that if I want premium support I'll have to pay a premium for it. If LEB providers can get responses to my not-really-urgent tickets then I am impressed but I don't expect it.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@24khost said: r just cause dewlance answers questions in 3 minutes doesn't mean it is the right answer./

@24khost
    :----(

• My problem before I cant access my VPS. Had to wait on the fourth day to get it resolved because of outsourced support not available on weekends.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited November 2012

@concerto49 said: That's what my Galaxy S3 is for :)

I know Secure Dragon and Pyramid servers gets notified in their phone too, because replies are fast. I hope that becomes the norm.

• Under 1 hour is nice, but under 4 hours still acceptable.

• I just want to be notified when the server goes down that isn't due to me. Network, power outages, etc.

• cupidcupid Member, Host Rep

up to 2 hours.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

Seeing as some people were saying that resolution time is more important than response time, I'd just like to say the following:

3 weeks ago I requested a migration from SJ to NY with BuyVM. The move went fine, I got a new IP. I then realised that the VPS was only accepting incoming connections and couldn't do as much as even ping any website or IP address. I opened a ticket 19 days ago, and after firstly being told they didn't even migrate me (despite paying the $5 fee), I've now been told it must be something I've since done to the VPS regarding firewalls. Let me just clarify, I opened the ticket 19 days ago and still have no resolution.

@Francisco I need a little help here man, whilst Anthony is usually top notch, this has gone NOWHERE in nearly 3 weeks. What's going on :/?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb said: I know Secure Dragon and Pyramid servers gets notified in their phone too, because replies are fast. I hope that becomes the norm.

I highly recommend this for all companies: http://www.whmcs.com/addons/android-app/

Best $35 we've spent on software and makes responding to tickets on our phones a breeze (which is all we use it for because it's pretty limited for everything else).

• For me, tickets have this priority field. Usually, I put "low" in the priority, that means 24h to 7 days will be fine. With medium priority, that would be up to 24h. If I put Urgent, then, I beg for the issue to be fixed within 4 hours. And if I put Urgent, plus label EXTREMELY URGENT PLEASE, then, I hope the issue will be fixed before I hit the Submit button.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@KuJoe said: I highly recommend this for all companies: http://www.whmcs.com/addons/android-app/

Best $35 we've spent on software and makes responding to tickets on our phones a breeze (which is all we use it for because it's pretty limited for everything else).

@KuJoe or you can go the budget way, and set up email piping :P (since im not an andriod user)

• @miTgiB said: I would rather fix the problem in those first minutes instead of answering tickets asking about it

I'd rather you did that too.

• @rsk

Would you rather get your e-mail shouting at your all the time; or simply have that app auto refreshing? Think I'd know what I'd prefer. ;)

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@eastonch

Id rather it be an email, work email is separate from my personal email. This way it alerts me properly :P

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@liamwithers said: @Francisco I need a little help here man, whilst Anthony is usually top notch, this has gone NOWHERE in nearly 3 weeks. What's going on :/?

The hell?

Just PM me a ticket ID then and I'll check into it.

EDIT - Chatted to Anthony and now know the full story. Back in the day when you moved your product Anthony forgot to update what location the product was in. When you were having network issues he simply grouped it with the other issues we've had in SJ related to EGI.

You were refunded the migration fee earlier today it looks like.

Francisco

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Francisco yeahh all is sorted now :)