Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vestacp in Scaleway cloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vestacp in Scaleway cloud

Had any one installed vestacp in Scaleway, I tried but getting installation errors

Failed to fetch http://nginx.org/packages/debian/dists/wheezy/Release Unable to find expected entry 'nginx/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sou rces.list entry or malformed file)

and the installation stops, I had reinstalled and tried again ( i am a newbie to Linux just giving a try).

Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• The vesta install needs non-arm to work. Scaleway is Arm based

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • You may get software issue, not all soft support arm-based cpu

Thanked by 1karistuck
  • You can try to edit the lines of the setup script, as there is such thing as nginx for armhf in the official debian repositories: https://packages.debian.org/search?arch=armhf&keywords=nginx

• Some software not able in arm CPU

• Why don't you try ISPConfig? These installer working correctly with ARM: https://github.com/dclardy64/ISPConfig-3-Debian-Installer

• If that is the case then which free control panel will work with Scaleway? They dont provide CentOS, I am not sure which control panel will be suitable for their servers?

• @programer said:
    If that is the case then which free control panel will work with Scaleway? They dont provide CentOS, I am not sure which control panel will be suitable for their servers?

Webmin works out of box.

• If you like to use ubuntu then give Sentora CP (http://sentora.org) a try. I hope you'll like it.

• sayem314 said: Sentora CP

It been secured yet?

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Pwner
  • Any other panel?

• @programer said:
    Any other panel?

best panel is command line secured ")

• I understand, in our country Linux is not so famous even if some one wants to give it a try should be in his own with limited support. In particular the locality where I am residing in sees Linux as Alian version. So what ever I had learned is through some forums, blogs etc hence my knowledge on utilising linux via command line is still in Juvenile stage, may develop at a later stage. Also I am using this for some small work ( mostly personal stuff) not for business hence I have limited time to spend on learning. Hope this explains the situation.

• @programer said:
    I understand, in our country Linux is not so famous even if some one wants to give it a try should be in his own with limited support. In particular the locality where I am residing in sees Linux as Alian version. So what ever I had learned is through some forums, blogs etc hence my knowledge on utilising linux via command line is still in Juvenile stage, may develop at a later stage. Also I am using this for some small work ( mostly personal stuff) not for business hence I have limited time to spend on learning. Hope this explains the situation.

i think thats how most of us learn linux, i dont know where you live, but linux is never the first or even 2nd OS for personal computers... (servers on the other hand...)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yes I agree.. I am in a rural place in South India.

• @programer There are so many active FSUG's and LUG's in South India. Afaik, in India, South India has the highest Free Software penetration, especially Kerala. If you can PM me your location, I can get you connected with few of the active communities.

Regarding web based panels, if its just for you, Webmin/Virtualmin is a good choice. For hosting websites, ISPConfig will be fine too.

• programer said: So what ever I had learned is through some forums, blogs etc hence my knowledge on utilising linux via command line is still in Juvenile stage, may develop at a later stage.

That's how a lot of people learn linux...I remember downloading Slackware when I was a teen back in the 90's and solving dependency issues and configuring my installs with no prior linux knowledge...all I had was the will to learn something new and a notebook where I wrote down issues to lookup (I had no 2nd computer so to try out ways to get my winmodem to work I had to reinstall Windows just to get online again and lookup notes I wrote down during my Slackware tests). Linux is A LOT easier to learn nowadays and there's so much more information available for people learning.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • programerprogramer Member
    edited September 2015

I understand but to learn we need to have enough time which was the issue here, but I do spend more time in learning and understanding linux

• I've heard similar stories. By the time i've come online in the middle 2000's, there was already boogle and somewhat proper search.

I've only started using linux in 2015, lol. I got my first pc in 2000 with wind blows 98. Linux is well documented, true, but there's a whole lot of things to learn when it comes to hosting, security, site optimisation, php, html, css, marketing, people and social media.

I just can't pull all these things out of my ass like some people seem to be able to.

Still, I like debian/ubuntu's package manager making things easy.

sin said: That's how a lot of people learn linux...I remember downloading Slackware when I was a teen back in the 90's and solving dependency issues and configuring my installs with no prior linux knowledge...all I had was the will to learn something new and a notebook where I wrote down issues to lookup (I had no 2nd computer so to try out ways to get my winmodem to work I had to reinstall Windows just to get online again and lookup notes I wrote down during my Slackware tests). Linux is A LOT easier to learn nowadays and there's so much more information available for people learning.

Thanked by 1sin
  • Had any one tried other control panels than ISPconfig?

• programerprogramer Member
    edited September 2015

I found that Froxlor panel and Ajenti is installing in Debian 7 image of Scaleway, I had installed and its working fine

• @programer said:
    I found that Froxlor panel and Ajenti is installing in Debian 7 image of Scaleway, I had installed and its working fine

Why you don't upgrade from debian old stable to stable (Debian 8)?