Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Question About Windows 7 Home Premium Keys
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A Question About Windows 7 Home Premium Keys

My friend is having problems with his windows laptop. He had to reinstall his system a while ago. He had a preinstalled win 7 home premium when he bought his laptop which he replaced with windows 7 some different version. Well, his key on the bottom on his laptop wasn't valid for his new version so he had to circumvent that little problem.

Now his question that his system is again corrupt how can he replace his original system with a new home premium install. I've seen that there are win 7 home premiums and home premium sp1-s floating around, but download links to them redirect to microsoft landing pages instead.

So can he still use his old key for a new usb install for either or home premium or home premium sp1?

Or does he need a new key for sp1?

Comments

• Just install the version that the key is for and use it. :o I don't think that service packs have extra keys...

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @4n0nx said:
    Just install the version that the key is for and use it. :o I don't think that service packs have extra keys...

Yes, you have to install the version of Windows that is specified on the sticker on the back. I'm guessing the key is for Windows 7 without the service pack. Once Windows 7 is installed you can install the service packs.

Thanked by 1GM2015