Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who can recommend a KVM VPS under $12/year ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who can recommend a KVM VPS under $12/year ?

Hi gays,

I need a KVM VPS.

RAM: 1GB or larger
HDD: 20GB or larger, SSD better..
BW: 1TB or more

Thank you for your recommendation.

Comments

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited September 2015

I can give you a dedicated server with the following specs:

Dual Xeon E5 512GB of ram 8X1TB SSD UNLIMITED bandwidth @ 100Gbps $1/year

Just for you.

• $1/m for 1G KVM with 1T bw? I don't think any provider can offer such service.
    if you get some offer, let me know, thanks

• elgselgs Member
    edited September 2015

It seems ArubaCloud has something close to your requirements and budget, but they are in Europe. You pay what you get. I'm suspecting whether their 1 euro 1G RAM business is sustainable.

• People don't search nowadays. Why search when we can ask others and let others do the work.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • Joke?

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I can give you a dedicated server with the following specs:

Dual Xeon E5 512GB of ram 8X1TB SSD UNLIMITED bandwidth @ 100Gbps $1/year

Just for you.

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK yhuza
  • @hostnoob
    I was looking. For a KVM vps...the link you mentioned... Are these guys reliable or not?

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2015

@noaman said:
    hostnoob
    I was looking. For a KVM vps...the link you mentioned... Are these guys reliable or not?

I've not used them but I have heard good things.

Keep in mind they use RAID0 (so all data is gone if a disk fails, but you should have backups anyway)

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited September 2015

That budget seems unrealistic.

• @icase said:

$12/y OpenVZ is available from ethernetservers.com.

Affiliated link. http://ift.tt/1UklVhy

• @TheKiller said:
    Affiliated link. http://crap.com

Who asked for it?

Thanked by 1bersy
  • For reference, the "business cycle" for $12/yr VPS is:

• customer pays $12 for 1 year of service with a VPS provider
    • customer lands on oversold node trying to run hundreds of VMs
    • customer can't do anything useful with VPS
    • customer opens support ticket asking to migrate to a "fast" node
    • provider migrates customer to a different node (there are no "fast" nodes)
    • go back 2 steps and repeat until customer loses patience with provider
    • customer threatens to open paypal dispute
    • provider ignores customer
    • customer opens paypal dispute
    • provider has 75% dispute win ratio, effectively makes $12*3/4=$9
    • go back to step 1 and repeat with a different provider until customer decides to pay more than $12/yr for a VPS
  • @singsing: your accurate description (thanks!) can also be summarized as 'If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys' ;-)

• For reference, the "business cycle" for $12/yr VPS is:

Nice summary. Ramnode has some nice plans for just $3 more, as do a bunch of others who are sub $20. But I think you're more or less spot on. The economics at that level are almost impossible for the provider to keep a customer happy.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

singsing said: For reference, the "business cycle" for $12/yr VPS

1) A large provider such as https://www.arubacloud.com/ can easily run a 1 EUR offer as a loss leader to raise brand awareness and it won't even make a tiny drop in their profit/loss sheets.

2) http://lowendspirit.com/ provides a quality VPS for 3 EUR/year, http://littlehappycloud.net/ also KVM for 6 EUR/year with positive reviews across the board.

3) RamNode can be had for $15 with 10-15% off coupons, making it close to $12/year that you mentioned. Universally, only positive reviews of RamNode, and they are the #1 provider in the LET polls.

Etc, etc, etc. Countless scenarios in the real world which do not match your dumb pre-scripted thinking. If everyone always went by your rails of "if it's cheap, it must be a scam/oversold/low quality", there wouldn't be LEB/LET in the first place.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2015

@rm_ You are spot on with openVZ, but I would have to agree with @singsing its not easy getting a KVM with the OPs specs that is actually useful for $12 a year.

icase said: I need a KVM VPS.

RAM: 1GB or larger HDD: 20GB or larger, SSD better.. BW: 1TB or more Location: North America

Little Happy Cloud is: 1 CPU Core (shared), 1 GB Ram, 24 GB SSD Cached Disk, 1 TB Bandwidth, NAT IPv4, /64 IPv6, €36.00 Per Year,

RamNode is: 1024MB SKVMS, 1024 MB, 2 Cores, 1 IPv4, /64, 20 GB, 2000 GB, $10 / mo.

If everyone always went by your rails of "if it's cheap, it must be a scam/oversold/low quality", there wouldn't be LEB/LET in the first place.

You've been here longer then me, but I thought it was more about "doing big things with little boxes" then "How big of a VPS can I get for $7 a month".

EDIT: and of course drama, CC, and memes.

• icase said: Hi gays,

lol gays!!!

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited September 2015

@singsing said:
    For reference, the "business cycle" for $12/yr VPS is:

You forgot the steps where:

• Customer's data is unexpectedly lost during a systems failure and Provider does not have the expected backup of everything.

... or ...

• Provider deletes Customer's account following repeated warnings and suspensions for total abuse - spamming, running a BitTorrent server full of copyrighted movies, bitcoin mining, or whatever, which is completely unjustified because Customer's VPS is doing nothing but displaying a single static page with a photo of a cute kitten.

... after which ...

• Customer next posts strident, annoying, persistent complaints on LET, WHT, and elsewhere on the Internet, telling everyone that Provider is an evil, lying, cheating thief who took the money and did not supply the anticipated full year of high performance, high memory, ultra reliable, unmetered 1 Gbit/sec VPS with high quality 24x7 support services.
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

FrankZ said: have to agree with @singsing its not easy getting a KVM with the OPs specs

Nope I don't see anything about specs in @singsing's post, it seems to me he is on a crusade against any $12 VPS no matter what specs, apparently according to him they can't exist and work well (despite many times proven otherwise...).

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2015

Thank you for clarifying, I see your point now.

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited September 2015

rm_ said: Nope I don't see anything about specs in @singsing's post, it seems to me he is on a crusade against any $12 VPS no matter what specs, apparently according to him they can't exist and work well

You're somewhat right on the specs point; I should've mentioned 1GB RAM and an IPv4 address as a baseline for my analysis. However, you must admit that VPS services lacking a world-routable IPv4 address are somewhat exotic, and sustainability of an ordinary VPS with an IPv4 address above $1/mo price point is highly questionable even with lower amounts of RAM.

Thanked by 1itgods
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2015

yywudi said: I don't think any provider can offer such service.

you do get such providers, try KiddyVPS (they do bundle: unlimited IPv4 addresses with all unlimited options for just $1 per month as normall price and you can get even better with 90% off offer ) or some other businesses like on ebay trade at loss and happy!

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2015

No, no, you need to be with the most reliable, drama-free host ever!

How about you try GreenValueCrapHost?

They provide $0.75free VPS servers and a 100% money back guarantee for UP to 365 days!

In all honesty, your budget is low, even if you only wanted a OpenVZ VPS. But you're asking for a KVM VPS...

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • MCH has $10/yr KVMs, but they're 64MB...
    http://www.mycustomhosting.net

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:1) A large provider such as https://www.arubacloud.com/ can easily run a 1 EUR offer as a loss leader to raise brand awareness and it won't even make a tiny drop in their profit/loss sheets.

Thanks for your analysis, low price VPS means possibility for everybody to try cloud service and understand which features are the best to implement

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@singsing said:
    For reference, the "business cycle" for $12/yr VPS is:

• customer pays $12 for 1 year of service with a VPS provider
    • customer lands on oversold node trying to run hundreds of VMs
    • customer can't do anything useful with VPS
    • customer opens support ticket asking to migrate to a "fast" node
    • provider migrates customer to a different node (there are no "fast" nodes)
    • go back 2 steps and repeat until customer loses patience with provider
    • customer threatens to open paypal dispute
    • provider ignores customer
    • customer opens paypal dispute
    • provider has 75% dispute win ratio, effectively makes $12*3/4=$9
    • go back to step 1 and repeat with a different provider until customer decides to pay more than $12/yr for a VPS

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Superbbb :v :D Some types of Algorithm :v