Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Transcript: Appalling Support From WeLoveServers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Full Transcript: Appalling Support From WeLoveServers

2»

Comments

• time4vps said: And if provider adding new nodes to the server farm? It's natural to balance load between nodes.

Usually provider move customers between nodes in order to achieve better performance for customers.

However, your experience with denial in basic support is definitely out of tolerance. Good luck to find another provider (maybe not low end this time?).

Sure I could agree here except it should never get to the point that customers should have to be moved in the first place. Unless there is a hardware malfunction the customer should never feel the impact of the over commit. If you have to move customers to balance loads then you are doing something wrong in the beginning.

Level One support should never give the explanation I have done something please check now. That is a useless statement and gives the customer a queasy feeling. Especially when the customer has experience in the field. If the support personal can not answer his question they should then say to them I am sorry but I can not answer your questions, but I will now transfer you to a support technician that is able to help you.

At least that is how I feel it should be handled but again what do I know anyways.

Thanked by 1CraigWatson
  • @hostnoob said:
    I think this guy works for ChicagoVPS too.

ew

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@time4vps I think @CraigWatson worded my concerns perfectly, nothing to add :)

time4vps said: Good luck to find another provider (maybe not low end this time?).

There are definitely cheap (and small) VPS providers that can provide decent support. I'm pretty skeptical about who I host my important things with, and as a result I have very few issues with my services :)

That, plus I design my infrastructure to be redundant. Even if a VPS drops offline for a day or two, that's generally not a very big deal to me. I've rarely needed it, though.

• Does anyone else think that the responses are screaming "outsourced Indian first level support"?

Thanked by 2AuroraZ angrysnarl
  • @4n0nx said:
    Does anyone else think that the responses are screaming "outsourced Indian first level support"?

Why Indian ? Why can it not be Sri-Lankan or Chinese or Malaysian or Philippean or Indonesian or Brazilian or Russian or Ukrainian ?

• Junkless said: Why Indian ? Why can it not be Sri-Lankan or Chinese or Malaysian or Philippean or Indonesian or Brazilian or Russian or Ukrainian ?

Because India is the "back office of the world"... :) at least of English speaking countries.

• Because none of them speak English as first or even second language.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • William said: Because none of them speak English as first or even second language.

yes that's probably also an argument in favor of India (since there are lots of cheaper countries than India)

back office India and factory China. :)

• @4n0nx And why Indians aren't capable to provide support? Or, at least, equal capable as native Americans? Do you know that India has one of the most developed and in development IT knowledge of science? Or that in many of the biggest worldwide IT companies, Indians are the leaders (CEO etc.)?
    Do you think that cheap support from native Americans is better than Indian? Why don't you stay at "cheap first level support"?

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • jvnadr said: @4n0nx Why don't you stay at "cheap first level support"?

Because there are a lot of "Peter"s in India

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited September 2015

seem like responds from wls are made by robot or it's scripted. i left them long ago and glad i did.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Hook a 10G port to a dialup net, well you get 56K not 10Gbps, and increase the port to 100Gbps still you will get 56K.

Was being sarcastic haha

Thanked by 24n0nx TheOnlyDK
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2015

@joepie91 said:
    If your host says any of the following in response to technical issues:

• "We have made some changes, please check" (without further detail)
    • "We've moved you to another node"
    • "We've moved some other services to another node"

... run for the hills. Things will only go downhill from that point.

Well then, might need to add Crissic to any lists you have, got that response twice regarding shity disk io...

• @Hassan said:
    Was being sarcastic haha

haha you got me there XD

• I was backreading posts here and saw this. Being lied to from a provider is really not the greatest experience.