Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal now limiting "release amount"/withdraw amount per month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PayPal now limiting "release amount"/withdraw amount per month

2»

Comments

• @ItsChrisG i remember a situation of mine 2 years ago , i recive a big amount in one tranzaction (not ussualy) and i paste something simillar , paypal bloked this amount durrind the 45 days but only the amount of this tranzaction. So if you recive something "big" is possible to have the same situation. In my case paypal unbloc the entire amount of tranzaction past 45 days.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@ItsChrisG I would call PayPal. There is a reason why they did this to your account and hopefully they can clear it up for you.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

I have a Paypal Business EU account never had any limits like this. I did have to verify Some documents (passport, adress, chambre of commerce).

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

wych said: @drserver my limits are lifted completely to my knowledge once they had company details and personal verification (they mentioned my personal account of 5+ years helped some), payments to bank do sometimes take longer than 24hrs for the next 3months IIRC.

Registered company 6+ years, great credit score, 8 yrs old paypal, sent all possible verification, personal, company, bank, utility bills, whatever you can possibly send. Nothing.

Then one day after 10000 calls i got right person and all was done in like 2 minutes.
    Then i did worst mistake that you can do, enabled micropayments, issue got back but after 3-4 months of constant torture over phone i managed to lift that ban.

No phone call no solution. If you are making nice monthly $$$ they will care about you. Otherwise you can do nothing...

I am sure that monthly limit will be lifted after @ItsChrisG make phonecall.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

cociu said: @ItsChrisG i remember a situation of mine 2 years ago , i recive a big amount in one tranzaction (not ussualy) and i paste something simillar , paypal bloked this amount durrind the 45 days but only the amount of this tranzaction. So if you recive something "big" is possible to have the same situation. In my case paypal unbloc the entire amount of tranzaction past 45 days.

Mine wasnt even a big amount, was 500 Eur, enough to block the entire account, but I was quick and withdrew the same day, so they did not catch the money in :)

• We've been hit by this too, and we called them and they said there's nothing they can do about it. Strange there was no notification prior to them doing this new "feature" ..

According to the REP I talked too about this, it's to better protect sellers from fraudulent funds.

You received a payment. Please process and ship your order right away.

This payment is now in your pending balance. Your money will be moved to your available balance and released in 21 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders).

Want to get your money faster?

Here are a few steps you can take:

You may also get the payment earlier if your buyer confirms that the item was delivered without any problems.

If you "Mark as processed" , Provide shipping details blahblah (e.g web hosting)

Have the buyer confirm that the service was rendered by clicking the link in their email from paypal and the funds will be released.

Looks like I'm going to have to whip up a custom Paypal Module now for "funds withheld" and require buyer to click link before order is processed.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2015

I don't have any withdraw limitations like this, and never have. Do you have any cards with them? I have three PayPal debit/credit cards so your standings with them and how much you hold for a long period might be a factor, no clue. I use PayPal as my primary bank, but I don't see this as much of a problem since they are willing to up the release limit. If you're not getting $3,300 USD every month I don't see why it would be a big deal anyway.

• Whoah, PayPal as a primary bank? No way I'm putting all my funds at risk that way.

• FlamesRunner said: Whoah, PayPal as a primary bank? No way I'm putting all my funds at risk that way.

Paypal biz account, get multiple debit cards issued to you (I have 3) and do $500 max daily withdraw x 3 cards

• Where are you from? Maybe they apply this policy to customers from risky countries.

• Happen to me also, been using paypal since early 2012 upgraded to a business account in late 2014 and all of my payments were held for 7-8 days after being received. I believe it happens to new business owners.

• Very common for them to hold onto it like this, I think this is now the case for most-ebay sellers!

Remember Pay After Delivery? Funds aren't even received / taken for 14 days. - Thus you can order Takeaway halfway through the month before payday and not worry about it ;)!

• drserver said: Then one day after 10000 calls i got right person and all was done in like 2 minutes. Then i did worst mistake that you can do, enabled micropayments, issue got back but after 3-4 months of constant torture over phone i managed to lift that ban.

Just imagine what you could've accomplished if you'd put all the energy into something useful ^_^ it's not a ban, it's just a delay which they impose on a lot of customers to reduce their risks.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Is this a new thing for PayPal or rather just getting attention now as some here are getting hit with it?

• Yes just use bank transfer and bitcoin.

• paypal only gives problems

• jbiloh said: just getting attention now as some here are getting hit with it?

^^

• I thought they were always doing this.

• It's a thing on new accounts now a days apparently that start having high volume and since they dont have a way to change your company name/related info of a Paypal account, this PP account had been recently created due to some changes made internally related to business entity.

Solved it by calling them up and getting a rep to update my original accounts info with what it needed for me to not need the new one anymore and closed that bitch out.
    Back to using my high reputation (internally @ paypal) and no limit account several weeks ago, made me so happy.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Thanks to RBI (India) who ban PayPal and force them to withdrawal money regularly and they can't hold our money for more then 1 or 3 days ;)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2015

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Thanks to RBI (India) who ban PayPal and force them to withdrawal money regularly and they can't hold our money for more then 1 or 3 days ;)

I wish Dutch (well, European) watchdogs would get off their collective asses here and do the same.

Banks (and yes, PayPal is a bank) are not even allowed to sit on funds unless there is a criminal investigation (or, in some cases, a concrete suspicion of fraud), and SEPA transfers must occur within a day. PayPal is violating both.