Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need beta testers! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We need beta testers!

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I swear I got one a few months ago. I don't get any errors anymore. Maybe it was from zopim or something.

And for the boring font thing, I was looking at most of the pages. http://www.theukcloud.com/cloud-dedicated-servers/, http://www.theukcloud.com/managed-service-level/, network, datacenter, about us etc. No pressure ;)

• Design is way too modern / cloudy for me but well i guess that's it's the way it is...

edited November 2011

TBH. I personally hate Cloud servers, due to overages, complication for nothing etc. But I can change my mind.

• jhjh Member

Thanks for the link @Infinity. I'll check it out.

We're not running our cloud like that. Think of ours as a highly redundant and very powerful VPS.

edited November 2011

I did notice yours as different from most offerings but the price point is still a problem. I know it's cheap but it's not really suited for Low End stuff.

• jhjh Member
    edited November 2011

When we actually have things ready we'll be looking to create a smaller plan for LEB, probably 128MB RAM for £4 per month and run it promotionally from time to time when there's excess capacity to fill.

• @jtodd said: @Infinity: I don't get an SSL error, and the certificate is not Akamai anyway :s. Is this the URL you're looking at? https://www.theukcloud.com/order/?vps=1&msl=0&location=uk

That ubersmith your using there?

• I am in for beta testing :)

• jhjh Member

@Matt, it's a customer-written order form which at the moment doesn't do anything but will at some point hook up to Ubersmith, yes :)

• The only experience I have had with this was host1plus, But would be interested to try out your offerings.

• jhjh Member

@Taylor I've never heard of them. What did they do? What was your experience?

• Okay, you got me.

• I will be happy to help

• Not to critize too much, but by giving real information of your providers(BurstNet LTD, AS51377, not their US network AS21788) transit providers would give me a lot more confident to buy from you.

Your site says "transit is provided by PCCW/BTN, XO, Telia, Cogent, Hurricane Electric and BandCon/Highwinds." While actually your network is just connected to HE, Cogent and Bandcon of these.

Its little things that matter, and correct advertising is one of these things.

Anyway, good looking site as always

• jhjh Member

That information was pulled from their UK site. I'll check it with them though - interesting find :)

• Me too :)

• Is it a house pool that you link to? i know we have such in our datacenter and while 7 providers come in, our routing is (oh, I don't know what the word is) usually over a pair of uplinks instead of balanced between them. In a pinch like a line down or high load, it'll fall back to the other providers.

In theory of course. Most of our traffic goes over the 2 dedicated lines that we have.

• jtodd: would it be possible to know the hardware behind your 'cloud' infrastructure?

would be pretty interesting :-)

• i am interested also

• jhjh Member

@drmike: Our upstream, Burst, handle the routing. We just get a separate feed to each of their core routers.

@bobinfo: Not really I'm afraid as I'm worried people might jump in and copy it. It's great stuff though, take my word for it. I feel happy just sitting next to it now ;)

• count me in, i'm interesting in zero downtime

• Our company, QuickVPS Ltd, is slowly moving away from shared and VPS hosting

What is effect for current VPS user after you moving away from VPS hosting plan?

Thanked by 1tux
  • jhjh Member

See my above comment. Nothing should change for existing customers, we're just not deploying any new capacity.

• @jtodd, well there are many ways in doing so and it's possible to find examples over the internet but well, as you want :)

• jhjh Member

@bobinfo: I know generic information's out there, for example on OnApp's website, but the exact hardware we use is a different story. A lot of research went into picking exactly the right hardware for the job :)

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2011

@nuff_said I have no idea whether the pictures you post are true or fake, neither i care about this. You are the one that is acting like a kid here, not jtodd.

• i am interested also

• @jtodd of the curiosity how many beta testers you got so far? Would I be able to join?