Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS free license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS free license

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I wonder how hosting companies are providing free WHMCS license even $10 VPS ?
I saw their reseller program, 100 + quantities the are giving for $7.20 .. whats the secret ?

Comments

• They get the licenses from WHMCS at a wholesale pricing.

• Those are probably internal licenses, which means only on their IPs. And you can't really trust those servers for billing anyways, so its pretty much useless.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    They get the licenses from WHMCS at a wholesale pricing.

Ofcourse they are wholesale prices, but what they offer is 7.20 for 100+ license, still giving away with $10 vps means either they are getting it for free or lot cheaper.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Saahib

Who is giving it away with a $10 VPS?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • TheOnlyDK said: And you can't really trust those servers for billing anyways, so its pretty much useless.

If you're worried about your host snooping, you can set up a KVM VPS instance within their IPs, if they sell KVM servers. You could also just buy from a legitimate web host where snooping is not an issue.

• @HostMyBytes said:
    If you're worried about your host snooping, you can set up a KVM VPS instance within their IPs, if they sell KVM servers. You could also just buy from a legitimate web host where snooping is not an issue.

I think the issue is reliability. You have to make sure the license is never revokoed or invalid and that the vps stays online at all times. You can't hit resource limits, etc.

• @Fidde said:
    I think the issue is reliability. You have to make sure the license is never revokoed or invalid and that the vps stays online at all times. You can't hit resource limits, etc.

No difference in that, then say buying your WHMCS license and hosting else where. Still gotta make sure your VPS is up.

Why would your WHMCS be revoked if your paying on time and keeping in the network?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

OnraHost said: No difference in that, then say buying your WHMCS license and hosting else where. Still gotta make sure your VPS is up.

Why would your WHMCS be revoked if your paying on time and keeping in the network?

I think it's more control. You're putting your ability to interact with your customers in someone else's hands.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

Even if the license is revoked, it's incredibly easy to simply purchase your own temporarily and move elsewhere if need be.