Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gatsby → CDN Powered Blogs, Free!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gatsby → CDN Powered Blogs, Free!

ElliotJElliotJ Member
edited November 2012 in Offers

Hello!

Gatsby is a WordPress backed blogging platform for knowledgable individuals who wish to host their websites on a high performance network dedicated to user satisfaction.

Currently in beta, Gatsby is powered by CDN77 and Constant.com's S3 object storage, as well as RamNode, to provide a truely scalable service, ready to handle heavy traffic.
Due to the aggressive optimisation in place, most text-heavy blogs should load in less than 500ms under load.

Also, I'm planning on a few prize giveaways for active Gatsby users - Domains, Premium themes, all fun stuff :)

Why Gatsby?

Free?

Yes, the ultra-fast service you're signing up to now will always be free.
Premium services and features will be added in time, however the core of the service must be perfected before that happens :)

Anything you should know about?

Presuming that most won't read the Terms of Service, the TL;DR version is as follows:

• Content must comply with US law
  • Seriously, it must comply with US law

So, what now?

Still interested? Head over to Gatsby.im and get going now.
As this is an open beta, I'm incredibly interested in your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions for improvement- only through your feedback will Gatsby become the best place to host your blogs.
Not interested? Ah well, have a great day!

Comments

• Username must be at least 4 characters.

Oh well.

• Howd you bring your own domain? :)

• Out of curiosity, why can't I use upper-cases for usernames and blog names?

• kamalnasserkamalnasser Member
    edited November 2012

Is there an option to upgrade from a comment-only account to a blog?
    EDIT: or actually, downgrading from a blog to comment-only

• @HalfEatenPie said: Out of curiosity, why can't I use upper-cases for usernames and blog names?

You can change it in the dash I believe.

• @David_P said: Howd you bring your own domain? :)

@HalfEatenPie said: Out of curiosity, why can't I use upper-cases for usernames and blog names?

Not too sure, I'll have a look into that, Cheers.

@kamalnasser said: Is there an option to upgrade from a comment-only account to a blog?

• @Zen said: Got my test done.

Needs more bacon.

• jhjh Member

Looks really good. Nice to see it finally released :)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2012

@David_P said: You can change it in the dash I believe.

I was talking about your login username and the extension/subdomain for your blog. Just change it to lower-case, but just leave it alone when I enter an uppercase letter.

That's just one of my issues.

Another is that the warning errors ("Can only be lowercase and numbers" or whatnot) aren't accented. Currently, when you're registering, they remain white and black (text wise), but the words are there.

• What about removing a site? ;)

• Very nice. Good job.

• @HalfEatenPie said: I was talking about your login username and the extension/subdomain for your blog. Just change it to lower-case, but just leave it alone when I enter an uppercase letter.

WordPress, by default, attempts to use the username as the blog URL, therefore requires the username to be lowercase - Not elegantly done, I have to admit.
    I'll look to see if I can override that.

@HalfEatenPie said: Another is that the warning errors ("Can only be lowercase and numbers" or whatnot) aren't accented. Currently, when you're registering, they remain white and black (text wise), but the words are there.

Added to the list :P Most likely a 2 second fix.

@kamalnasser said: What about removing a site? ;)

I'll add that to my to-do list, until I've implemented it, feel free to PM me on here, or go via support to request a blog deletion.

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited November 2012

@zen Looks a lot like dcurtis's blog.

http://dcurtis.is

• @lele0108 said: @zen Looks a lot like dcurtis's blog.

https://github.com/gravityonmars/wp-svbtle

WP-Svbtle is awesome!

• It's posible to change the language?

• @Fran said: It's posible to change the language?

Just fixed this for you.

Once you log in, go down to Settings → General.
    The last drop-down menu on that page will be 'Site Language', you can change it there :)

• Thanks

• @ElliotJ

Very nice theme.

• amazing idea, and it's really quick too! Keep at it :)

• dracodraco Member
    edited November 2012

Probably doesn't mean much coming from me but I have to say I am very impressed with the clean design of the site.

• Nice service. Good luck brother.

• Bookmarked

• Gatsby is down, please fix.