Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Modules - Do I have to pay for a license to develop one?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Modules - Do I have to pay for a license to develop one?

blackblack Member

I'm looking to modify KuJoe's proxy check to use getipintel.net 's proxy check. To properly test it, do I have to buy a license from WHMCS or is there a test-bed environment that's available for developers?

Comments

• You can develop it without cost, but you will need a WHMCS license to test it.

If you have a WHMCS license, then you can usually get a development license for free.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

What @MarkTurner said, but you can usually get development license for free even if you don't have a WHMCS license (or maybe that's what @MarkTurner meant to say in the first place?), just open a ticket with them.

• perennate said: usually get development license

They are not as generous as they once were. We've had the number of development licenses cut heavily over the past year.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

MarkTurner said: They are not as generous as they once were. We've had the number of development licenses cut heavily over the past year.

Strange, they gave me free one just a couple months ago. They even re-issued it later within a couple days when I switched my development VM. Maybe it's because you have more than one or something?

• blackblack Member
    edited August 2015

Great, I'll open a ticket with them and ask. I don't have WHMCS so let's see if they'll give me a developer's license.

• If you've whmcs license. You can asks for a development license.

perennate said: but you can usually get development license for free even if you don't have a WHMCS license

Can we ? I need a personal development license since I cannot grab our company one ;) Can you please explain me the procedure. Thank you.

• wychwych Member

For whatever reason I seem only to be get one dev license.