Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I paid and had no response
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I paid and had no response

MenandroMenandro Member
edited November 2012 in Help

Hello, I'm a frequently customer.. I mean, I buy a couple of VPS per month.
found some VPS providers that never give me the VPS I bought, don't response my support tickets, nothing, they never give any signal that they are real people working. In these cases I lost my money.. because I don't know how or where to denounce them..
Does anybody know what can I do in cases like that?
Sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

Thank you !

Comments

• What time frame are you talking about? Remember its a holiday season in the USA.

• File a chargeback?

• @jkr1711 said: File a chargeback?

>

Solves everything.

• I always pay with PayPal, how can I File a chargeback?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2012

Lets see... A vps provider that gives little indication that its anything more than leftover automation where a staff might once have existed? 123systems?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Menandro said: don't response my support tickets

Normally give 24 - 72 hours after that file a complain via PayPal, as the service is sucks and not as described.

• I'm talking exactly about 24khost.com this time.. but this happens sometimes.. it isn't very rare..
    I lose between 10 and 30 dollars. It's not bankruptcy, but a gift I don't want to give..

• @WebProject said: Normally give 24 - 72 hours after that file a complain via PayPal, as the service is sucks and not as described.

And how do I do that? can you say me? or give a link where's the explanation?

• @Menandro said: I'm talking exactly about 24khost.com this time..

@24khost

• The guys on here, send him a message.

• Sorry we just got back to you. We had somebody who was supposed to take care of it during the holiday. Guess that didn't happen. Please check you email.

• I am currently out of town and working remotley.

• Ok, thank you. I understand have your life, and sometimes have to travel or anything.. but the people that buy a vps often use it to work. That's my case, so it is important the comunication, fast and concise.

Thanj you, I saw the email.

• And if someone can give more details on "chargeback" I think it would be useful.

• Thanksgiving weekend in the US so hard to get good help.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Menandro said: And how do I do that? can you say me? or give a link where's the explanation?

PayPal website --> PayPal account --> Resolution Centre --> Report a problem

• @WebProject said: PayPal website --> PayPal account --> Resolution Centre --> Report a problem

Great ! Thank you

• Though normally if you wish a refund you should take up the matter with the provider rather than automatically filing a dispute (particularly as 24khost is now here and responding).

Also remember, in worse situations where you don't get a response at all (remember federal holidays etc tend to shut things down for a little bit), paypal does not cover "non-tangible" goods on the buyer protection policy. So just a little heads up there.

• We are always happy to work with our customers.

• We have sent the member his details.

• @kbeezie said: Though normally if you wish a refund you should take up the matter with the provider rather than automatically filing a dispute (particularly as 24khost is now here and responding).

One would think; it's been our experience that non-English-speaking individuals have a higher propensity to arbitrarily file a chargeback than to attempt to contact the provider.

• @Damian said: One would think; it's been our experience that non-English-speaking individuals have a higher propensity to arbitrarily file a chargeback than to attempt to contact the provider.

@Damian - Not all non-English speaking customers behave like this, so it would be awesome and much appreciated if you could show some examples as to what part of the world or countries you are referring to.

@24khost - Next time this happens you pick up the phone and call PayPal, explain to them the situation and have his claim denied. It seems that some folks are in need of attention and hand holding than actual service. If he wanted actual service, he would have opened a support ticket with you.

• @marcm he did not file a chargeback as of yet. If he doesn't want the vps he just has to ask for a refund.

• @24khost - This has happened to us once or twice a while back. I would say that he is more in search of attention than actual service. I'd just offer him a refund along with my best wishes :)

• I don't think anybody here thinks that I would just leave customers hanging on purpose. Hired a temp employee for the holiday and that didn't work out.

• @24khost said: I don't think anybody here thinks that I would just leave customers hanging on purpose. Hired a temp employee for the holiday and that didn't work out.

@24khost - I doubt that anyone here thinks that :-)

• You do realize that regardless of whatever the cause might have been, the fault is your own company's, right?

This is exactly why you don't spill the beans in the public, because it's no one else's fault that you hired some incompetent idiot.

• I know I hired him. It is my fault. Never said that it wasn't. We are trying to be transparent Wintereise. We acknowledge the fault, but we wouldn't purposly leave someone out in the cold.

• No, no. I'm not blaming you.

Just saying that being over-transparent is bad. Just leave it at being short on workers, there's no need to spill the beans on public =)

• @Wintereise course what separates some people from professionals, is not preventing from shit hitting the fan, but how they own the crisis when shit ends up hitting the fan.