Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crashplan for free for the next 2 hours!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crashplan for free for the next 2 hours!

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited November 2012 in General

Happy #BlackFriday! All one year Individual & Family unlimited plans are 100 percent off for the next 2 hours: http://ow.ly/fwd7I #sale

Site is pretty jammed now but that's when my dedi at Datakshack showed the power of the 1Gbit port haha :) Enjoy people!

Comments

• Nice find, signed up for family and it's valid for a year :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I ordered the individual and it's maxing out my home ISP upload now. :D

• @StormVZ said: Nice find,

Thanks, note that on the page it will say 98% discount but it is actually 100% discount when you click add to cart.

Also, they need a credit card, so make sure you remember to cancel before the end of next year!

@zhuanyi said: Also, they need a credit card, so make sure you remember to cancel before the end of next year!

Or keep backing up all your data and versions for ~$4.16/month. ;)

• Thanks for the find!!

@zhuanyi said: Also, they need a credit card, so make sure you remember to cancel before the end of next year!

I unchecked automatic renew at the checkout process....

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

It gave me option at the end "Automatically renew my subscription " which you can untick

• @Freek said: I unchecked automatic renew at the checkout process....

I used Google Wallet to do the purchase...so hopefully I will remember to cancel

Also don't forget to enable encryption and use your own encryption key. ;)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Thanks!
    Too bad this isn't for existing customers (hoped to prolong my account with them by a year), well "bought" a new subscription just in case anyway.

• If you miss it there is still another way to get a free year: http://crashplan.com/blog/consumer_backup/carboniteswitch

• @wdq said: If you miss it there is still another way to get a free year: http://crashplan.com/blog/consumer_backup/carboniteswitch

Needs US IP, but I am sure all the people here knows how to use VPN :)

• @StormVZ said: It gave me option at the end "Automatically renew my subscription " which you can untick

Good point. I got the one. :)

• Not even loading anymore... getting "Please check back in a few minutes...
    CrashPlan.com is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. Our apologies for this inconvenience.
    "

• Yep, it seems they didn't have the proper planning and crashed ;-)

At least they kept backups. :X

• Crashplan crashed a plan, how many plans can you crash in a plan on a crashplan?

• They are back up ;) .. thanks for the find , signed up for one :)

• PatsPats Member
    edited November 2012

Prices are increasing slowly... now its 98% free

• @zhuanyi said: Happy #BlackFriday! All one year Individual & Family unlimited plans are 100 percent off for the next 2 hours: http://ow.ly/fwd7I #sale

I was not lucky to get 100% off but still managed to get 98% off on Family Unlimited plan, thanks for posting @zhuanyi

• What happens when you have to pay ~$100 to renew :(

• Too bad i dont have a credit card...

@twain said: What happens when you have to pay ~$100 to renew :(

The same thing when renewal time comes for anything, you either renew or cancel.

• RoboCotRoboCot Member
    edited November 2012

Thank you!

Does crashplan work on a leb?

EDIT:
    It doesn't.

Requirements:
    2.6.13 Series Kernel or greater
    1GHZ+ x86-64 CPU, 1GB+ memory, 250MB+ free drive space, Oracle (Sun) Java version 1.6+,
    Glibc 2.4+, GTK, Xorg

• @RoboCot said: Does crashplan work on a leb?

Yes, I have an instance running on 512MB, 256 might also work but is not stable though.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@RoboCot said: It doesn't.

Requirements:

2.6.13 Series Kernel or greater
    1GHZ+ x86-64 CPU, 1GB+ memory, 250MB+ free drive space, Oracle (Sun) Java version 1.6+,
    Glibc 2.4+, GTK, Xorg

And?

You can satisfy every requirement out of these on a LEB.

And there are howtos to run CrashPlan even without Xorg. http://www.google.com/search?q=crashplan+headless&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• guys any other offer like this? i have crashplan already, if can get offer like this from any other then nice :)

@RoboCot said: Does crashplan work on a leb?

It's one of the few that actually runs on linux without a desktop GUI.