Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadranet blocking ports after Crissic move?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadranet blocking ports after Crissic move?

thagoatthagoat Member
edited August 2015 in General

I tried to SSH in today after nearly 24 hours of downtime. NOPE! Denied.
Seems they are now blocking most ports besides standard web ports. 21, 22, 25, 143, 443. Anyone else have this issue? I opened a ticket, so we shall see......

Comments

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited August 2015

dustinc said: Just figured I'd mention:
    Nothing has changed with the automated scripts that have been coded by Crissic prior to QuadraNet acquiring it. We've not implemented or changed any previous scripts.

I highly, doubt they started blocking ports like 21 and 22.

And why wouldn't you wait till you got a reply from them? It only takes like 10 minutes normally.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited August 2015

Thank you @OnraHost - I'm confirming that we've not purposely blocked ports globally. Please let me know your ticket number @thagoat

• OnraHost said: I highly, highly doubt they started blocking ports 21 and 22.

Well, I haven't made a habit of lying so far, so I probably wouldn't start now.

OnraHost said: And why wouldn't you wait till you got a reply from them? It only takes like 10 minutes normally.

Just posting to see if anyone else had this issue. Not putting them on blast. Thanks for reading my whole post...

• @dustinc #606697
    Thanks

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@thagoat said:
    dustinc #606697
    Thanks

Thanks! I'll take a peek!

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited August 2015

@thagoat said:

I in no way meant you were lying...I more of meant this would have to be an isolated issue with yourself. Those are some major ports, so I can't see any competent host doing that.

And it just seems everybody rush here to post their current issues, like its reasons is just because QuadraNet took over. If this was still owned by Crissic you would just opened a ticket and never bothered coming here.

Edit: I see what you mean now. Worded a bit weird for my brain right now.

Edit 2: Actually Id id read your whole post. That why I stated specifically "wait till you got a reply from them? It only takes like 10 minutes normally." Never the less glad Quadra got to this so quick.

• OnraHost, does it smell good?

• I am, of course, referring to where ever you have your nose buried.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @karabore Don't know if your trying to make a joke at me...but I think you failed :/

• OnraHost said: If this was still owned by Crissic you would just opened a ticket and never bothered coming here.

I, in fact, opened a ticket, as stated above. And again, I came here looking for community support, NOT to badmouth anyone. I'm happy that my server was purchased by such a reputable company. I understand that you're a provider also and are looking out for your fellow providers (I'm glad you do) but please don't assume you know me or my motives. I didn't post here to argue with you. Thank you for your comments.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • OnraHost said: Edit: I see what you mean now. Worded a bit weird for my brain right now :/

>
    Thanks! Sorry we got wires crossed

• @thagoat said:

No problem. I wasn't implying in any way that you were bad mouthing them. Just people take titles at face value, so without even reading this entire thread, some mis-informed users will come to the conclusion right off the bat this this is true, posting it around and what not.

• Right, I see what you mean. I edited my title to hopefully alleviate some confusion. Thanks for pointing that out. Too weird for my brain too ha!

• ATHKATHK Member

@thagoat said:
    Right, I see what you mean. I edited my title to hopefully alleviate some confusion. Thanks for pointing that out. Too weird for my brain too ha!

Server actually online? - http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/60427/crissic-has-been-acquired-by-quadranet#latest - seems to suggest issues with networking and VPS's not being booted up after the move.

• ATHK said: Server actually online?

Yep, she's online. I rebooted to be certain. All the funky ports I had open before the move still work, though. Weird!

• Can you get in through a VNC?

• I logged in through the serial console. Not the best solution but I can su to my sudo user.

• Have you tried disabling your firewall?

• Not running a firewall or iptables on this server.

• evan1988evan1988 Member
    edited August 2015

After Crissic move, My VPS was down several times this day, Ticket #903081

• cPanel's cphulk?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

Disclaimer: LowEndSupport (otherwise know as LES) is unable to provide accurate response to your queries reported in this thread due to lack of access to the infrastructure. Please open a ticket with your provider. They don't bite. Thank you for contacting the LowEndSupport.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • davidavi Member

My VPS is down since yesterday and no action still now . Ticket #987567

• davi said: My VPS is down since yesterday and no action still now . Ticket #987567

^^^

Clouvider said: Disclaimer: LowEndSupport (otherwise know as LES) is unable to provide accurate response to your queries reported in this thread due to lack of access to the infrastructure. Please open a ticket with your provider. They don't bite. Thank you for contacting the LowEndSupport.

• Clouvider said: LowEndSupport (otherwise know as LES)

Sorry ;)

LowEndSpirit = LES :P