Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap E5 processor dedicated servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap E5 processor dedicated servers

Hello.

Does anyone know of a company selling dedicated servers with E5 processors as cheap as possible? (its for a personal project)

Comments

• Budget? Ram? Hdd?

• OVH is probably your cheapest option

• Something like the following:
    E5 Processor
    16GB RAM
    240GB SSD

• @MarkTurner said:
    OVH is probably your cheapest option

Probably yeah but want to see any other options that exist that are non-OVH.

• zafouhar said: Probably yeah but want to see any other options that exist that are non-OVH.

No-one is going to touch their pricing in a like-for-like comparison

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You just be a bit more specific what you need and what you can pay. Agree with @MarkTurner here, you won't get like for like, unless you're happy to pay more.

• samblingsambling Member
    edited August 2015

@volumedrive possibly. I believe that they are cheaper than OVH ( E5-2660, 48GB RAM, 250GB SSD for $94.95/mo): http://quadix.co/ix/cart.php?a=add&pid=5

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • Correct. We do have E5 2660's starting at $94.95 per month

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • ReliableSite.net has an E5-1650 v2 from $139 a month. If you e-mail them, they might even be able to do better pricing.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited August 2015

https://www.hetzner.de/ot/hosting/produkte_rootserver/px91

https://www.hetzner.de/ot/hosting/produkte_rootserver/px91ssd

Those look very competitive with E5 v3 & DDR4 RAM compared to OVH's Enterprise/Infrastructure servers which come with E5 v2 & DDR3 RAM.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Thanks for reminding me @sambling about QuadIX

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Erm no QuadIX. My server has been down for over an hour and tech support hasnt responded

• hawc said: Erm no QuadIX. My server has been down for over an hour and tech support hasnt responded

You don't seem to be winning with servers at the moment

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited August 2015

@hawc said:
    Erm no QuadIX. My server has been down for over an hour and tech support hasnt responded

That doesn't mean its the providers fault though ;)

Well it was up this morning - didnt touch it and its down now. They have also been having power issues

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @hawc said:
    Well it was up this morning - didnt touch it and its down now. They have also been having power issues

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying.

"Dear QuadIX Client,

As you are aware, we have been having sporadic downtimes due to a UPS issue we identified late last week. There will be another downtime at 4 PM EST today. It is expected to last 1 hour. This is again emergency maintenance to prevent any more ongoing issues. Once everything comes back online, we ask you wait until about 5:15 to open a ticket. If your server is still down please open a ticket regarding it and include your server ID.

Due to the recent downtimes, we will be extending another 2 days of credit on top of the 2 days we offered for the first maintenance. We sincerely apologize for the issues arrising because of this faulty UPS. We assure all clients we have all hands working tirelessly to fix the issue and get everything back to normal.

As always, we appreciate your patience and understanding during this maintenance. We will provide more updates as they come.

Thank you."

• eh, at least they have a UPS, which is already pretty good considering it is VolumeDrive....

• BG32BG32 Member

probably didnt pay their power bill

• @William said:
    eh, at least they have a UPS, which is already pretty good considering it is VolumeDrive....

They're probably referencing their unpaid power statement...

Thanked by 1howardsl2
  • E5 and cheap are not coming together. You will get more power for the $ if you get E3.