Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this normal with Urpad?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this normal with Urpad?

FritzFritz Veteran
edited November 2012 in Help

My Box is down for almost 36 hours.
Submitted a ticket and got replied by Dennis Ross:

I will check this issue and update you back on this

few hours later I asked again its status, got replied

It looks like the VPS configuration files seems to be corrupted and are refused to boot it up. We will recreate the VPS and update you the details.

another few hours, still waiting further updates

I'm on OpenVZ, luckily this's not the main box.
Anyone having the same issue (configuration files corrupted) and is it normal to have our box down for almost 36 hours.

Thanks for anyone who lightened me up. :)

Ticket: #940896

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I have also experienced that problem once with openvz, not with urpad however.

• Usually caused by editing or removing certain OS files :P

• That Dennis guy is not a good support tech. I asked to be moved to a different node for better disk i/o, but was told that all other VMs using high disk i/o will effect my VM. Still haven't figured out how that was a valid response.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@GetKVM_Ash
    With that comment, on the hostbor guest?

I hope you ment host. :)

• @Fritz I have replied to your ticket.

• Normal for SolusVM API to corrupt VPS config when it's being created, happened few times for us but should be resolved in ~1min (Click terminate and then create)

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited November 2012

@FTNChris said: @Fritz I have replied to your ticket.

Thanks Chris, I've replied you back. :)

@GetKVM_Ash said: Usually caused by editing or removing certain OS files :P

They are still investigating the problem :)

@StormVZ said: Normal for SolusVM API to corrupt VPS config when it's being created, happened few times for us but should be resolved in ~1min (Click terminate and then create)

Never had such problem before. Hopefully this is the first and last for me :p

• It appears up from my end. I see Dennis got to your ticket before I did. SolusVM Admin shows it online as well as visiting your IP in the browser. I'm getting the default Apache, "It Works!" page.

• I love URPad, they rock. Already have 2 accounts with them.

What are the specs on the VPS, and what country is it in?

Might be willing to trade you two US-based VPS accounts for 1 URPad account.

• @Damian said: That Dennis guy is not a good support tech. I asked to be moved to a different node for better disk i/o, but was told that all other VMs using high disk i/o will effect my VM. Still haven't figured out how that was a valid response.

I did once get told though that I/O of 30 mb/s was normal for their node in New York. But Kevin took care of it quickly.

• @MannDude said: It appears up from my end. I see Dennis got to your ticket before I did. SolusVM Admin shows it online as well as visiting your IP in the browser. I'm getting the default Apache, "It Works!" page.

I'm not using Apache actually. So, I guess that's not mine.

@John_R said: I love URPad, they rock. Already have 2 accounts with them.
    What are the specs on the VPS, and what country is it in?

It's located in LA with Exclusive yearly offer :p

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited November 2012

After big efforts, the problem has been fixed and my box "really" online now.
    Whew..48 hours. lol :)

Thanks @FTNChris, Dylan and Dennis ;)