Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOW TO REPORT A HOSTING PROVIDER (upwebhosting)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HOW TO REPORT A HOSTING PROVIDER (upwebhosting)

enitan092enitan092 Member
edited November 2012 in Providers

i bought a hosting plan from upwebhosting around july and also registered 2 domain names with them.
after 1 month i woke up to see my hosting as been suspended. i cant access my user panel on their site and all effort to contact them as been frustrating.
i am sure i have sent them 19 email ,i even use another email address to mail them.

my domains are www.westudiong.com and www.enufpay.com

am really not happy.

so what can i do.

Comments

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

Far as reporting them... not sure what that would accomplish if anything, they already suspended you so best thing you can do is make sure you didn't have some sort of automatic payment set up with them such as thru paypal.

Far as the domains, personally I find it foolish to register domains with the hosting provider (hopefully you'll learn from this mistake).

It would appear that your domain is registered thru namecheap (meaning they were probably a namecheap.com reseller), You might be able to open a ticket with namecheap.com explain the issue with one of their reseller and ask about having your domains transferred to your own namecheap account. (Assuming of course when you registered it thru them, that they actually used any of your own contact information when they pushed the registration thru).

The second domain however appears to be thru http://www.netfirms.com I've no clue about them. The fact that the two domains have two different providers listed makes me wonder if you've actually registered the domains with upwebhosting at all.

• i registered the two with them
    www.westudiong.com was registered first with them
    and i later register www.enufpay.com with them 1week later from them
    they may have been changing domain registra

• Well simply put, you do a WHOIS lookup on both domains to figure out who the root registrar is of the domains, from there you would contact the root registrars explaining the situation that you registered them with a reseller that is no longer responding to your inquiries and you would like to gain control of your domains. Assuming your email/etc is listed as an registrant in the WHOIS, they might allow you to have the domain transferred to your own account created with them.

I say might because some registrars will simply tell you that you have to deal with the reseller.

But again, perhaps now you'll refrain from registering your domains with the same company who does your hosting to avoid situations like this.

• okey then
    but i can only retrieve that of enufpay.com because it with my email . www.westudiong.com is whois protected

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

WhoIS protection only matters for people looking up a WHOIS request. The registrar themselves will have the original behind the WhoIs protection. (and despite whois protection, it's actually possible to request the actual data in writing with the proper steps, most spammers don't want to, but someone seeking legal action could do so easily).

• @enitan092 said: after 1 month i woke up to see my hosting as been suspended. i cant access my user panel on their site and all effort to contact them as been frustrating.

Did they ever reply to any emails / live chat / contact? Did they simply ignore you?

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

They probably didn't like the nature of your sites, didn't see anything on google for the first, but the latter seems to be a forex trading member site. And course their TOS seems pretty easy to get shutdown : http://www.upwebhosting.com/tos.html

Enufpay is a new web service in Nigeria aiming at giving the nigerian webspace surfers value for what they do best,

There have been a lot of scams that have made nigeiran wonder if they will ever earn online, although Enufpay is not a quick Get Rich scheme but we provide value for what you do, We have a minimum payout of NGN160 via mobile top-up through PAGA,and a minimum of NGN180 equals to USD 1.00 via liberty reserve,okpay and Payza.
    You get a NGN50 bonus for sign up , NGN5.00 per refferal,NGN 0.30 per click and NGN 0.15 per ref click,
    You can Advertise for as low as NGN400 for a 1000 clicks to your link

probably a bit of discrimination against nigerians on the web if you know what I mean.

And usually "unlimited" hosts (especially at $1/mo) are anything but unlimited, so in my eyes this was bound to happen.

• @concerto49 : yes,,,i was ignored

• @kbeezia
    i asked them about the t.o.s which i was told that if my site was legal i do not have problem

and i have never scammed with it ,its legal

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

I'm not saying you did, I'm just saying the provider at their discretion could have decided they didn't want to bother with your account for whatever reason, and because they chose to ignore you, we may never know the exact reason. (even a legal site can be terminated if for some reason it threatened their servers, such as being a target for DDOS attacks).

• i just contact netfirm and dis was thier reply

Asif I: It is not possible as we will be unable to update any changes without the authentication.

• Did you explain to them that the reseller is not responding to any of your requests, and that you have no access to their control panel?

• i did

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

You probably have to submit an actual ticket/email rather than contact thru live chat. The live chat personal tend to be very weak on matters such as that. Or even Call if your english is good enough (they appear to be a Toronto based provider).

• i will send a ticket then..

• i cant get a ticket to them

• i will need to register and paypal,credit card probs

• You can get your domains back by contacting ICANN, assuming the whois still points to you and you can provide proof of identification,

Though, it is a rather lengthy process and you may find yourself wondering if it's really worth it, just sayin'.

Good luck either way!

• so please can someone do me a favour and help me find out from www.upwebhosting .com why i was suspended and how i can get back my domain back

• As for your money back, if it was paid via Paypal, pull a chargeback noting it's a scam.

• @Wintereise

really
    the name enuf is suppose to a brand name for many other stuff under the enuf theme

• @Ishaq
    paid via liberty reserve

• You can pull a chargeback with Liberty Reserve, too.

• Well regardless, if it's important to you, go contact ICANN, explain your situation to them and be prepared to wait a while.

• You can pull a chargeback with Liberty Reserve, too.

LR is one way, exactly why it's so popular for stuff like this. There are no refunds, no seller protection.

• i even posted a comment on their facebook page and now it has been deleted with no reply

• Not surprising..

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

@Ishaq :P 1 reviewer calling it a fraud/scam doesn't necessarily = "known fraud host" (in fact I think that's the only thread on WHT that mentions them, they normally wouldn't be mentioned at WHT simply because WHT doesn't allow 'unlimited' providers).

• @kbeezie

Not 1, google it.