Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbrew.com Review - Dedicated Server Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbrew.com Review - Dedicated Server Hosting

denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep
edited August 2015 in Reviews

My previous webhost was having quite a few issues, and I am currently running a few critical applications that have to be up and working. This time I told myself I was not going to necessarily take the cheap way out, as that has bitten me in the ass a few too many times. (fool me once, shame on you… fool me more than 3 times…. You get the picture). I did my due diligence and started researching on webhostingwalk and google. A few hours later I came across Hostbrew.com and started looking into them.

The first that that caught my eye was this thread : http://tinyurl.com/p6kywxt. (admins if I am not allowed to link like this please remove) I was slightly worried that the blacklisted IP’s from ColoCrossing. So I opened a ticket to hostbrew.com (ticket number 421298) and simply asked about it and my worry about them being a “newer” hosting company. In 25 minutes not only did they respond, but they also gave me links to where people gave both positive and negative reviews of their site, so I can better understand their business. After doing a little bit more research, I showed Martin what my set up is, and what I plan to run, and asked him if he feels it will run alright on the box I chose. Not only did he tell me it would run fine, but also showed me where I could set up a few things just to add more security to my network as a whole. So, of course I was sold at this point. I asked how long it would take to get me a server that I can install my own OS on, he replied saying he could get it up in 10 minutes max…. Well it took him 16 minutes, but I did quickly forgive them. I did have one question as he gave the IP’s in the /29 range (and I don’t know about you guys but I HATE subnets) so I asked him to please show me which is the IPMI/Gateway/Network/Netmask and so on…. He did (ticket number 997814) I got everything set up and migrated over and everything was working like I could have only hoped it would for my budget.

Over the next 4 weeks, I had ZERO (YES ZERO) downtime. During this time I had opened one ticket up (ticket number 526365) to ask about my bandwidth (I am running an RTMP/HLS/Nginx server…I destroy bandwidth) to make sure I won’t go over my bandwidth rate. Not only did he answer in 15 minutes, but, he also showed me a graph and let me know that he is currently setting up something so we can do this without having to open a ticket. Since then I have installed bmon and a few other tools so I wouldn’t need to open such a petty ticket.

Then, sad news struck, work was taking a toll on me, and I no longer had time to keep this project up and running. So I gave it to the other guy helping me. I sadly opened a ticket (ticket number 985779) to cancel the hosting at the end of the billing cycle (no refund needed) and Martin asked if the new guy will need a host. I told Martin that sadly the guy had already purchased a new host, that seemed to be a company with a longer reputation and cheaper price, Martin asked for a link, and I sent him the link just thinking this could be something he could use in the future if needing to adjust prices… but, to my surprise Martin said he would match that company and give me a little bit better of a deal. Took me about a week, but I talked with the other owner and he agreed he would be okay with using them due to the AMAZING service hostbrew.com has shown, even though he was a little bit worried. (during that week, I finished a final interview with a new job, so all of my work issues were completely gone) Within 5 minutes Martin had our dedicated server back up and running and updated.
I really don’t know what to say, I have never had a webhosting company be this honest, and helpful. I can’t be happier with the customer service of hostbrew.com and Martin. Thank you, you have earned a customer for a very long time.

The ONLY con : made me pick back up the billing of a project I finally convinced someone else to take off me. (hehe)

Thank you,
~v/r
denellum

Comments