Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good dedicated server providers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

good dedicated server providers?

2»

Comments

• Is VolumeDrive any good?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@George_Fusioned said: Why not start with a VPS Reseller plan at first and as you grow you can move over to a dedicated server. $92 aren't going to get you a decent server to host VPS.

You way better off with a VPS Reseller plan: no upfront costs, no need to worry about setup/management/configuration etc, just go out and start selling.
    When you've got a good client base and a steady monthly income, you can then go ahead an look into setting up you own infrastructure.

Honestly, I'd recommend this guy not start a VPS company at all until he learns about basic problem solving. That's not something you learn in production.

But hey, he'll probably ignore this post anyway because he also has issues in absorbing things people say that he doesn't like.

• @joepie91 said: Honestly, I'd recommend this guy not start a VPS company at all until he learns about basic problem solving. That's not something you learn in production.

But hey, he'll probably ignore this post anyway because he also has issues in absorbing things people say that he doesn't like.

Yeah, um I would never buy from him and also I'd say he needs to learn more about what he's getting himself into before he actually does it. I don't see him being able to pull it off (in a not-webhostingfail way)

• @DataFrogs said: Is Datashack reliable?

Filed a support ticket last night about a messed up Proxmox setup by their technician.
    I was half asleep and lazy, figured nobody could mess up a Proxmox setup
    Customer's forum went down in flames, I transferred to the DS setup I had.
    Took me over 12 hours to try to trace it down, figured it was networking

10 o'clock eastern I told them to close the networking ticket, about an hour ago (11 hours later) got a reply of "OK".

You get what you pay for with DS. Their presales is non-existent so good luck asking a question, the support is reliable if it's something "easy" like you need KVM installed or your OS reloaded, and the "cost" you pay for their good pricing is "iffy" support.

• I have to admit, datafrogs would be a cool name though!

• @joepie91 said: Honestly, I'd recommend this guy not start a VPS company at all until he learns about basic problem solving. That's not something you learn in production.

Have you ever heard of trial by fire because this is what this guy wants: a challenge!

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited November 2012

@Jack Are you kidding me? They own 2 datacenters. One in Atlanta, GA and one in Tampa, FL. They are also currently building one in Miami, FL.

• raid 1 lol gg

• and PHP still working

• If your site had no hope due to attacks, how is your "VPS company" going to have hope?

• Let me know/ PM me if you're interested in Limestone Networks servers :) . Might be able to cut you a deal.

• @Boltersdriveer said: Limestone Networks

This.

• LSN are great, they are very sociable and down to earth unlike many other providers. Shame we left because we found a provider to cut cost down otherwise they are amazing :)

• @StormVZ said: LSN are great, they are very sociable and down to earth unlike many other providers.

You are being sarcastic right? Sociable and down to earth? After what they did here?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

@luma Have you used them? I guess not. They take care of their clients and average response times to all tickets were below 15 mins

I don't really care what happened here when someone should have just emailed back saying to unsubscribe instead of making a big deal out of it and move on with their life

As long as they provide me with what I paid for, I'm happy.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2012

@StormVZ said: LSN are great

I'm going to stop you there. Were you even around here when LSN sent a DCMA to LowEndBox? Its much more than the spam they send us.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

@HalfEatenPie Yes.

@StormVZ said: I don't really care what happened here when someone should have just emailed back saying to unsubscribe instead of making a big deal out of it and move on with their life

• @StormVZ: I hate to bring this back up, but the abuse of the DCMA was uncalled for.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@DataFrogs said: Is VolumeDrive any good?

I'd recommend them, the only bad thing I've encountered with them is that they don't have a support portal, but they seem to manage support using emails.

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited November 2012

Their marketing staff is not their only staff. While what they did was unacceptable doesn't mean their services a shitty otherwise. Their support staff is a different set of people from what I can gather and I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

@mojeda said: Their marketing staff is not their only staff. While what they did was unacceptable doesn't mean their services a shitty otherwise. Their support staff is a different set of people from what I can gather and I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

So if it was an allegedly 'isolated issue with their marketing staff', why has the company not publicly apologized towards LEB for the DMCA abuse? Or is there a chance that maybe... it's in line with company policy?

• ReliableSite.net - they also have offers on their Facebook page.

• edited November 2020

I came to spam, but then I met the moderators.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Wow, an 8-year-old thread necro. Your powers are strong!

Thanked by 2kalimov622 ViridWeb
This discussion has been closed.