Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need KVM VPS 7$/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need KVM VPS 7$/month

I need KVM VPS with specs like this offer from MCC

Plan Name: LET-AUG-4GB-40GB-4TB-QUARTERLY
Virtualization Platform: KVM
Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB
Swap: 4 GB
SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB
Premium Transfer: 4096 GB
IP Space: 1 IPv4 + /112 IPv6
CPU Cores: 4
Quarterly Cost: $21
http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/61036/my-custom-hosting-canada-kvm-premium-ddos-protection-native-ipv6-e5-s-ssd-cached-no-bs#latest

But i want RAID 1 or better HDD configuration.

Comments

• MCH is a well recommended host here, and for that price you'd usually get some summer host that won't even last a few months.

You're really going to pass up on that because it's not RAID 1? You should be storing backups anyway so RAID shouldn't be a problem.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Wait, MCH has no raid? :o
    OMG, had no idea.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • BradBrad Member

@Maounique said:
    OMG, had no idea.

RAID 0

• @Maounique said:

They use RAID 0

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015
  • @Maounique said:
    OMG, had no idea.

They use RAID 0. I moved to another host when I knew it.

Well, you do have to have backups anyway, if they have low failure rate...

• @bersy Thanks for the link :)

@sonic If you need anything, feel free to reply to the thread or PM me here. Happy to help and work with budgets big and small.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@HostMyBytes said:
    bersy Thanks for the link :)

sonic If you need anything, feel free to reply to the thread or PM me here. Happy to help and work with budgets big and small.

Your offer looks very good but i found some bad reviews about HMB on webhostingtalk.

• sonic said: Your offer looks very good but i found some bad reviews about HMB on webhostingtalk.

Unfortunately, no web hosting provider is perfect, and you can find some other (and more recent) comments about our services on our offers here at LET.

• But RAID 0 is no real RAID, it's for performance, not redundancy, right?

• nexusrain said: But RAID 0 is no real RAID, it's for performance, not redundancy, right?

Correct. Redundancy is a little worse than the failure rate of 1 hard drive.

You mean the failure rate of a raid 0 is the failure rate of 1 drive * number of drives. So, if you have 4 drives in raid 0, failure rate is 4 times the rate of one drive, if 1% in a month for a disk, it is actually 4% in a month for the array.

Thanked by 2vimalware hostnoob
  • @Maounique said:
    You mean the failure rate of a raid 0 is the failure rate of 1 drive * number of drives. So, if you have 4 drives in raid 0, failure rate is 4 times the rate of one drive, if 1% in a month for a disk, it is actually 4% in a month for the array.

but when you use 2 disks in RAID 1 it the failure rate becomes 0% and you no longer need backups.

@hostnoob said:
    but when you use 2 disks in RAID 1 it the failure rate becomes 0% and you no longer need backups.

Nope, the raid controller can fail, the provider can fail, the DC can catch fire, police can raid them, hackers can wipe your data, you can delete the wrong folder, an update can go wrong and pray Murphy is good to you and doesnt invent 20 other ways to lose data: http://time.com/4004192/google-data-lightning-belgium/

• @Maounique said:

Forgot /sarcasm tag ;)

I just think it's funny how OP and another person in this thread won't use MCH because they don't use mirrored RAID

Thanked by 1MCHPhil

Well, having backups is one thing, having to put up with downtime, restores, waiting for the host to change the controller or disks, node, etc, quite another.
    Replication and redundancy are better.

Thanked by 1black
  • sonicsonic Veteran

Still looking for this.

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited August 2015

I have a special coming out shortly.

Xen-HVM
    3GB RAM DDR3
    250GB HDD - SSD Cached
    3x CPU
    1x IPv4 and IPv6

$21/quarter

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

4GB KVM = $7/month?

Honestly, sounds a bit impossible, if you ask me.

Though someone did it, I doubt you'll find one any better than that.

• I think you need to increase your budget.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We have a special coming out very soon, so I'll go ahead and offer it to you here. We were actually supposed to post this on Friday but there's some delays to finalize details. I'm pasting this directly from our offer template so please excuse any minor errors, as again, it's not 100% finalized. You can double-check specs on our site.

$7 -SSD4G (Windows optional - Licensed & available FREE)

4GB RAM

2 Core

30GB SSD (HW RAID 10)

3TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps

1 IPv4 - Additional Available

Linux or Windows, KVM Virtualization

Order Now $7.00/M - Save $33
    COUPON CODE LETSSD4G

OFFER EXPIRES AUGUST 29 - WILL BECOME 30% OFF CODE AFTERWARD