Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Privacy aware host? "Host you can trust with your data" - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Privacy aware host? "Host you can trust with your data"

13»

Comments

• ben78ben78 Member
    edited August 2015

Nomad said: And who said it's costless/cheap/easy to obtain? (:

You're right my friend.

I'm leaving this forum to go build a spaceship. (We often read stuff here about people looking for an offshore host - sounds like what's they are looking for).

Thanks to every one of you. You helped me a lot in my quest. And thanks to you @HustNun - through your wisdom I saw the truth. :)

If I'm successful I might come back to offer some cheap VPS from my OFFSHORE spaceship. Privacy guaranteed from earthian prying eyes.

• Cheers @ben78!

I mean if I can't express my blind faith in full confidence as respectively constitutive of the Bandwagon &/or Lemming Effect re: A Trusted LET Host Whose Name Is Repeated A Lot,

• @Ben78, why you don't try hostkey, they host wikileaks, and they will give your info only if cops have court order.
    in any case, I believe that the only secure server is that one in your hands, locked in some safe, room all the time under control of your cameras. and you would have to have good internet connection and knowledge to administrate server.

• One way to improve your privacy would be to use a vps or something to route all your traffic through. Then at least the data is not held at the same place as the route to the internet. I mean like have a storage machine then have a vpn between that machine and another internet facing server. Would that help?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

alanford said: why you don't try hostkey, they host wikileaks,

No, they don't - Wikileaks is hosted by a Norwegian company (host1.no)

inetnum: 195.35.109.0 - 195.35.109.255

netname: HOST1-CNET

descr: Host1 DA