Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UltraVPS issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UltraVPS issues

I bought a VPS from them a year ago, it's 1GB memory with 24.95 USD/yearly, 4 IPs.

But I used it less time, due to two reasons,

1. network is not good, always got 10-30% package lost from here

2. had an experience of VM down (couldn't get started), they re-installed it, all data lost

And, I have canceled the service about one month before the next billing time.

But what troubled me is, they renewed me for another year automatically, charged me another 24.95 USD. I have submitted two tickets to them, but got no response.

Do you know how to handle with this? Thanks.

Comments

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

Did you pay with Paypal? If so you may want to make sure you cancel any paypal subscriptions with them to make sure payment is not made on its own.

• Do you not know that you need to cancel your paypal subscription even after you submit a service cancellation request? It's totally your fault, but should be easily fixable. Give them some time (they are pretty slow on support tickets) and should be fixed.

For your other concerns, you should always backup your data regardless of which provider you go with, simple reasons being unpredictable things can happen (drive died with no raid protection, earth quake, water, etc..) And a network issue can be fixed if you work with your ISP and the provider. But I assumed you didn't spend the extra time do that, so nothing we can do here on LET.

Best of luck.

• @rickey318 said:
    Did you pay with Paypal? If so you may want to make sure you cancel any paypal subscriptions with them to make sure payment is not made on its own.

yes it's with paypal. I now canceled the subscribtion. thank you.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Do you not know that you need to cancel your paypal subscription even after you submit a service cancellation request? It's totally your fault, but should be easily fixable. Give them some time (they are pretty slow on support tickets) and should be fixed.

For your other concerns, you should always backup your data regardless of which provider you go with, simple reasons being unpredictable things can happen (drive died with no raid protection, earth quake, water, etc..) And a network issue can be fixed if you work with your ISP and the provider. But I assumed you didn't spend the extra time do that, so nothing we can do here on LET.

Best of luck.

Thanks @TheOnlyDK I have canceled the subscribtion now. yes I will wait for them for more days.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

@NameStuff said:
    yes it's with paypal. I now canceled the subscribtion. thank you.

Your more then welcome on that tip. Had to learn the hard way myself. Yes, Please allow some time as they may have a delay in replying to tickets.

• NameStuff said: 1GB memory with 24.95 USD/yearly, 4 IPs

Does vps is KVM or OpenVZ ?

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You should probably state this is related to UltraVPS.com. There is also UltraVPS.eu in Germany.

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@Nyr said:
    You should probably state this is related to UltraVPS.com.

Thank you for your comment. Since we do not charge in USD and do not offer yearly plans, most likely UltraVPS.com is meant. I am also not aware of any problems in our (UltraVPS.eu's) network.