Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic - Jacksonville location migrating to Miami - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic - Jacksonville location migrating to Miami

2»

Comments

• good bye

• This will certainly be an interesting test of how well QuadraNet performs under pressure. I don't know how many servers they intend to move, but Google Maps shows at a 5 hour transit time, so they are giving themselves 2.5 hours on each end to disassemble and re-assemble the servers, re-home the IPs, etc. A prediction: It will be quite a while before IPv6 is again functional following the move.

• eh, yea, probably only a few servers.

EDIS did DC migration Graz -> Vienna, around 10 racks of HW, in ca. 12hours.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • NdhaNdha Member

@dustinc said: Confirmed - thank you!

I had JAX 40GB SSD and not get email for migration but get invoice on it..

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Crissic

@Ndha said:
    I had JAX 40GB SSD and not get email for migration but get invoice on it..

That's very interesting, all clients using JAX products were mass mailed. Would you mind sending in a ticket? I'd like to investigate this.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited August 2015

@dustinc said:

Crissic

You gonna call him a peasant cause he pays a little amount of Money Dustin?

Great Quadranet took over Crissic and now all the customers are considered peasants to Quadranet. not a very nice way to treat clients. Just remember everyone that to Quadranet you are just a number. they most likely sit there and Laugh at your tickets and call you all peasants. and insult you behind your back.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • @Nodejs said:
    Are there any IPV4 and IPV6 changes?

Probably not because the buyout caused the assets of Crissic.net to be transferred over to QuadraNet, including the IP blocks.

• Congrats on their new locations. Im kinda surprised though as they are close to each other.

• Data migration would be less disruptive, just migrate the VMs causing minimal downtime per user, fire up the new VMs. Then recover the old kit.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Data migration would be less disruptive, just migrate the VMs causing minimal downtime per user, fire up the new VMs. Then recover the old kit.

We are talking about people who do not want to put in a dime more in expenses than they need to. Having equipment to drop containers onto means the price of your IP addresses goes up.

Of course, there is also the very idea that this company doesn't even have the equipment to move the data to. Can't afford equipment when you have IP blocks to purchase.

• You scam your way to the top, you don't stay there by tossing money around.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I don't understand all the drama. Crissic got bought, accept it if you want and leave if you don't like it.

Customers paying $1/month are not going to be QuadraNet's priority but looks like at least they are going to honor the current contracts for some time.

Thanked by 1wych
  • edited August 2015

I never had a usage problem . now I get bother ed by quadra too often. I have shut the mofo down.