Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2TB+ HDD VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2TB+ HDD VPS?

gianggiang Veteran
edited August 2011 in Help

Hi guys,

I'm looking for 2TB+ HDD with Windows 2003 (could install .NET framework 3.5 to run a small apps) VPS for my private project with price as cheap as possible. Do you know where I could find it?

CPU and RAM is not important because I don't run any high resource apps, but bandwidth should at least 20Mbps up and 10 Mbps down :D

BuyVM storage seems promisely but they offer 500GB HDD with 512MB RAM and CPU, but I don't need that much and I don't want to waste money for resources I won't use :( They don't offer customized VPS too :(

Any suggestion?

Thank in advanced,
Giang

Comments

• jhjh Member

Www.opensourcehostingsolutions.co.uk

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I don't think you're going to get much better than our $55/m for a 2TB plan :)

Francisco

• I suggest you go to ovh ( or kimsufi ) and buy a dedicated server =P

• Go to worldstream and buy their cheapest dedis. Will fit in the $55/m (i think so)

• That's some heavy disk and BW requirements for a VPS!

I agree with Fran, you'll be hard pressed to find a reasonable service at that price point for those resources.

• I vote for looking for a dedicated as well. Heck, most of our servers don't have TB drives in them yet.

• gianggiang Veteran

Thank you all for replying :D

AnEjd said: I suggest you go to ovh ( or kimsufi ) and buy a dedicated server =P

I can't buy at Kimsufi because they only sell VPS for person in some countries.

VmlIT said: Go to worldstream and buy their cheapest dedis. Will fit in the $55/m (i think so)

Thank for suggesting, their price is really good. Are they reliability?

• Joes Datacenter's cheapest server+2tb drive is $55/month.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited August 2011

Francisco said: I don't think you're going to get much better than our $55/m for a 2TB plan :)

Francisco

Because I won't need much CPU Power or RAM or Bandwidth, is it possible to reduce CPU power, RAM and bandwidth (20Mbps up and 10 Mpbs down) to reduce price?

• Isn't $55/mo for 2TB already pretty damn cheap?

• gianggiang Veteran

Isn't $55/mo for 2TB already pretty damn cheap?

Not with me :(

I've got a server with WorldStream.nl as @VmlIT suggested :)
    $53 for AMD X2 240, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD + 2TB HDD, 10TB on 100Mbps port

My guys don't let me reduce the price on anything alas :P

Francisco

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

They will when they see me and my hammer xD

• kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited August 2011

$55 for 2TB is pretty cheap for a VPS. On a VPS, you have more CPU power. On a budget Dedicated, you don't have the Dual Xeon's, you'll usually have just a desktop processor with non ECC RAM so if a RAM chip fails, your entire server crashes.

And from what I've read, BuyVM also uses RAID10 disk arrays, so the budget dedicated won't be able to keep up with the VPS disk I/O.

So in this case, a high quality VPS provider has much > performance than a Dedicated with single drive and single CPU.

• gianggiang Veteran

kiloserve said: $55 for 2TB is pretty cheap for a VPS. On a VPS, you have more CPU power. On a budget Dedicated, you don't have the Dual Xeon's, you'll usually have just a desktop processor with non ECC RAM so if a RAM chip fails, your entire server crashes.

And from what I've read, BuyVM also uses RAID10 disk arrays, so the budget dedicated won't be able to keep up with the VPS disk I/O.

So in this case, a high quality VPS provider has much > performance than a Dedicated with single drive and single CPU.

Thank you Kiloserve,

As I said, I don't need much CPU Power, the CPU enough to run Windows + .NET Framework is much good for me :D But in VPS the CPU is shared, isn't it?

Disk I/O is not important with me too, I won't use more than 2MB/s :P

The storage arrays are going on RAID6, but still, it'll be faster than a single disk setup.

If you're after a cheap dedicated you'll need to fork another $20 - $25/m for windows alone.

Francisco

• If you're after a cheap dedicated you'll need to fork another $20 - $25/m for legit windows alone.

Fixed. :)

• gianggiang Veteran

WorldStream.nl offers Windows 2008 Standard at 11.76 Euros :D

• most providers charge 20+ for windows licenses sadly you can't use spla if your a member :(