Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a server for backups - Annually Billed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a server for backups - Annually Billed

Hi All,

I am looking for a VPS with about 500GB of storage running CentOS. Needs too be connected with at least 100mbps. Can anyone offer anything for $20-$25 a month?

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited August 2015

time4vps

edit: thought you said $20-25/yr

plenty of choice at that range. Vultr, BuyVM, Backupsy (40PERCENT for 40% off)

dacentec, kimsufi, delimitervps (dedis)

• RizRiz Member

@drserver or pick up a Dacentec dedi for that price.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • sinsin Member

I agree with Riz, you might as well pickup a Dacentec dedicated for $20-25 and get 2x2TB (or 2x1TB, whatever they have available)

• My bad, I meant a year. Sorry for the confusion.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited August 2015

adamskalicky said: My bad, I meant a year. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh at $25/yr would that even cover the cost of a 500GB hard drive being powered on? LOL.

Edit:

A hard drive that consumes 30 watts of power and runs for 24 hours a day would cost $31.536 per year at 12 cents per KWH just to be powered on. This isn't counting the wear and tear on the drive, space it takes up, cooling costs, support costs.

• @Corey said:
    A hard drive that consumes 30 watts of power and runs for 24 hours a day would cost $31.536 per year at 12 cents per KWH just to be powered on. This isn't counting the wear and tear on the drive, space it takes up, cooling costs, support costs.

You do realize that there are $3 a year servers right? Do you think they don't need any electricity? Or do you think that a 1GB storage VPS will use less power than a 500GB storage VPS?

TL;DR, @XFS_Duke can help you.

• Look at time4vps' latest offer.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Corey said: A hard drive that consumes 30 watts of power

Hum, must be a monster. My disks rarely reach 10.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited August 2015

You do realize that there are $3 a year servers right? Do you think they don't need any electricity?

They come with no SLA and they are stacked. They are VMs within a larger VM.

TheOnlyDK said: Or do you think that a 1GB storage VPS will use less power than a 500GB storage VPS?

yes

• Just because people are pushing the bottom in pricing doesn't mean it's a good price.

Besides I want to see a 500 gig storage for 3 a year. Otherwise you're comparing apples to jaguars.

Seriously though I'd go with a cheap dedi for those prices and stats. Dacentrec of delimiter should be able to do that. Delimiter has a HP blade 500 gig hd for 20 a month. No worries about over sellers or abusers.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

@lazyt he meant $25/year. So Time4VPS is the only option I guess.

• I reread the op just now and caught that. The requests get sillier everyday. I wouldn't trust any backups to a host that charged that price.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited August 2015

Contact @XFS_Duke

CPU Cores: 1
    Disk: 500GB
    Ram: 512mb
    Bandwidth: 2tb
    IPv4: 1
    Port Speed: 100mbps
    Price: $20 per year

lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1211239/#Comment_1205140

Check this @foul

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1211239/#Comment_1211239

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited August 2015

TheOnlyDK said: You do realize that there are $3 a year servers right? Do you think they don't need any electricity? Or do you think that a 1GB storage VPS will use less power than a 500GB storage VPS?

TL;DR, @XFS_Duke can help you.

Yes a 1GB storage VPS definatelty uses less power than a 500GB storage vps, because by that math you can have 500 storage vpses for $3/year equaling out to $1,500 a year and not $25/year.

Abdussamad said: You do realize that there are $3 a year servers right? Do you think they don't need any electricity?

They come with no SLA and they are stacked. They are VMs within a larger VM.

TheOnlyDK said: Or do you think that a 1GB storage VPS will use less power than a 500GB storage VPS?

yes

Exactly.

Maounique said: Corey said: A hard drive that consumes 30 watts of power

Hum, must be a monster. My disks rarely reach 10.

I just googled a common power factor for hard disks, because we all know power prices vary along with other variables such as brand of drive etc..

lazyt said: Just because people are pushing the bottom in pricing doesn't mean it's a good price.

Besides I want to see a 500 gig storage for 3 a year. Otherwise you're comparing apples to jaguars.

Seriously though I'd go with a cheap dedi for those prices and stats. Dacentrec of delimiter should be able to do that. Delimiter has a HP blade 500 gig hd for 20 a month. No worries about over sellers or abusers.

I actually offered him a dedicated server in pms for $25/mo with 1TB hdd, but then he came back and said he made a mistake and that he meant yearly.

If OP finds 500GB storage for $2.083 per month I'll definitely be purchasing tons of these. Please do keep us updated.

• Hi all, @Foul was able to help me out with an offer and advised me to ask anyone that was interested to PM him for the offer.

If you mention my name, I would appreciate the referral haha.

• @adamskalicky said:
    Hi all, Foul was able to help me out with an offer and advised me to ask anyone that was interested to PM him for the offer.

If you mention my name, I would appreciate the referral haha.

No "PM me" offers on LET, I suppose no "PM him" too.

• jhjh Member

Can't beat Kimsufi for backups

• jhadley said: Can't beat Kimsufi for backups

but.. time4vps?

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

4n0nx said: but.. time4vps?

Yes! Why?

• Always in stock (massive NAS storage arrays ready to deploy within seconds)
    • Scale as you go (up to 2 TB per single instance)
    • Support (e-mail, live chat)
  • @Corey said:
    If OP finds 500GB storage for $2.083 per month I'll definitely be purchasing tons of these.

Time4vps and @XFS_Duke has tons of those, please go purchase as you promised.

BTW, just because there are 500 1GBs in a 500GB, doesn't mean that you can get 500X the revenue. Simply put, drives are so cheap nowadays most providers just have a ton of those installed already. Not used = wasted anyways, so it wouldn't bother them much to offer them cheap. Of course not everyone does this, and that's why we have this discussion here.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

You can try @drserver XenStorage plans they're upto mark.

• time4vps said: Always in stock (massive NAS storage arrays ready to deploy within seconds)

Scale as you go (up to 2 TB per single instance)

If you are so flexible i still wonder why your support/sales won't alollow me to combine 2-3 VPS with a total of 6TB - Surely you have that free somewhere on a node? And you'll save 2 IPs...

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited August 2015

TheOnlyDK said: Time4vps and @XFS_Duke has tons of those, please go purchase as you promised.

BTW, just because there are 500 1GBs in a 500GB, doesn't mean that you can get 500X the revenue. Simply put, drives are so cheap nowadays most providers just have a ton of those installed already. Not used = wasted anyways, so it wouldn't bother them much to offer them cheap. Of course not everyone does this, and that's why we have this discussion here.

Not buying anything from XFS_Duke after the fiasco that recently happened. I'll do some research on time4vps and possibly order some storage there since it's so ridiculously cheap.

• @Corey said:

For sure, just make sure you buy a ton, not just 1 or 2. XD

• TheOnlyDK said: For sure, just make sure you buy a ton, not just 1 or 2. XD

I'll be needing at least 2TB

• @Corey said:
    I'll be needing at least 2TB

Get more and share with me the extra space :)

By the way, their storage servers don't have any backups. Not that big of a deal but you should know this, really low chance that both servers will break at once.

• Hard drive takes about 12w for a 3.5 inch disk,, plus backup packages generally sold on raid space collectively.