Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP showing up as text - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP showing up as text

Comments

• AFAIK, centos must add additional repository to install nginx and php-fpm

• @Jack said: @dmmcintyre3 's script is probably easiest for you...

http://freevps.us/thread-528.html

Absolutely. There is also a version available for CentOS 6.
    http://freevps.us/thread-1434.html
    @DataFrogs: Try it. If it still does not work then something is wrong with you. ;-)

• got it working using http://freevps.us/thread-528.html now mysql locked me out. idk pass.

• @DataFrogs said: idk pass.

Tried mysql_secure_installation?

• Got it. Thanks @Jack

• jesus , yum install php-fpm then service php-fpm start. if it complains php-fpm not available, google how to add repos.

• @cosmicgate said: jesus , yum install php-fpm then service php-fpm start. if it complains php-fpm not available, google how to add repos.

but the OP said "Don't tell me to google"

• Lol, @cosmicgate I got it.

• PS: Shouldn't be bothering with $document_root on more modern versions of nginx. You mainly just need these two lines like this for it to work correctly (and forget bout trying to get path_info to work just stick with request_uri).

fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME $fastcgi_script_name;

fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $request_filename;

With that even 'alias' location blocks should work.

Far as php-fpm goes, I use the dotdeb repo (only for php, option #3 of their installation) and install that from there, and I use the official nginx repo (or the ubuntu PPA) for nginx which can be seen at wiki.nginx.org/install.

• For Cent, the official nginx repo + IUS Community for PHP/MySQL 5.5 is a good combo.

• And for FreeBSD... just use what's in the port :D (the port maintainer keeps the latest stable/devel version of nginx up to date, and the php5 port already has fpm support). No need to use a 3rd party... anything.

• Sounds like @ajones again @datafrogs; ajones banned on the second of this month, you came trolling around just two days ago, and you're already on par with his shit.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

you need config nginx and install php-fpm

• @Pzea said: you need config nginx and install php-fpm

I used the script on freevps.us it worked for me.

• @DataFrogs said: @Pzea said: you need config nginx and install php-fpm

I used the script on freevps.us it worked for me.

@DataFrogs ... don't just run a script, actually learn how to install and set up nginx/php-fpm... and also learn to use appropriate sources (such as nginx's official repo, or the Ubuntu PPA etc). The ones bundled with the OS more times than not are several years old.

it's sad though when you say something like that, and then on your resume thread you post similar stuff as your skill set.

• @DataFrogs - If you start another 5 threads at least today, then there is cake for you :) - or some other cool reward. By the way, are you a "putzoi"?

• @marcm said: or some other cool reward.

I suggest a pocket lamp

• Thought you were a L3 sysadmin...

• @George_Fusioned said: Thought you were a L3 sysadmin...

Never used nginx before.

• Not really to do with nginx, your supposed to be a "tier 3" which is the highest level/tier as you call it and so should be able fix simple linux errors you encounter using your brain within minutes. This was pretty easy task.

• @StormVZ said: Not really to do with nginx, your supposed to be a "tier 3" which is the highest level/tier as you call it and so should be able fix simple linux errors you encounter using your brain within minutes. This was pretty easy task.

This... even avid web developers know how to properly research and troubleshoot basic (or hell "common") issues such as this.

• @StormVZ said: Not really to do with nginx, your supposed to be a "tier 3" which is the highest level/tier as you call it and so should be able fix simple linux errors you encounter using your brain within minutes. This was pretty easy task.

It was related to nginx, which I am not used to, however I got it working.

• @DataFrogs said: @StormVZ said: Not really to do with nginx, your supposed to be a "tier 3" which is the highest level/tier as you call it and so should be able fix simple linux errors you encounter using your brain within minutes. This was pretty easy task.

It was related to nginx, which I am not used to, however I got it working.

That much was already established, what StormVZ is saying is that if you are indeed a L3 sysadmin you would have enough experience and know-how to get around a simple issue as Fastcgi not provided the correct path/permission (it actually has nothing to do with nginx lol), If you can't do some of your own research one something as simple as this it's a mystery how you ever actually became a L3 Sysadmin.

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited November 2012

@kbeezie

Don't forget that half this thread was spent just to get him to install php-fpm.

• @Cirium said: Don't forget that it too half the thread just to get him to install php-fpm.

... doesn't next to every guide include those on the nginx wiki regarding PHP all state php-fpm is needed (or even the ancient spawn_fcgi method)?

• @Zen said: Just because he opened a thread looking for positions to be a L3 technician I highly doubt he is even L1 (if we're going to say there are 3 arbitrary levels of knowledge).

Of course he's not... I was just kidding :P

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

@DataFrogs said: It was related to nginx, which I am not used to, however I got it working.

The whole point of being good at solving problems is being able to answer questions about topics you are not familiar with. Congratulations, you failed miserably.

• Would someone teach me how to reboot my vps?

• And was it you that wanted to start a hosting company?