Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS needed for IRC bouncer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS needed for IRC bouncer

Need a small yearly VPS in EU for an IRC bouncer - not a bot, server or anything else, just a personal znc for one single user.

Minimal RAM and bandwidth required, looking for price around €10-15 yearly.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Ramnode (NL), BuyVM (LU), Time4VPS (LT)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Lowendspirit?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • emperoremperor Member
    edited August 2015

+1 for LES. Im using NJ NAT from deepnetsolutions for my znc, and its excellent. Great uptime so far in 2 months. Althought its in US, im getting 130ms ping and im living in EU. Also its very cheap.. only 1.80$. :)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @emperor said:
    +1 for LES. Im using NJ NAT from deepnetsolutions for my znc, and its excellent. Great uptime so far in 2 months. Althought its in US, im getting 130ms ping and im living in EU. Also its very cheap.. only 1.80$. :)

How does it work with the shared IP address? I would not want to get banned from Freenode because someone else sharing the IPv4 address is trolling.

• https://www.berry.pw let me know if you need any assistance

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We could do the following in Frankfurt, Germany for $15/year

256 MB RAM

4 GB HDD

1 TB bandwidth per month

1 IPv4

10 IPv6 or a /80 of IPv6

KVM based

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=6

• with deepnet u have /80 IPv6 Subnet, which you can configure them in SolusVM and use them in Freenode. If u don't like IPv6.. then your best option is ramnode NL or time4vps as others said.

• BuyVM (LU) + filtered IP is probably ideal and I think it fits your budget as well :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

emperor said: with deepnet u have /80 IPv6 Subnet, which you can configure them in SolusVM and use them in Freenode

Most likely freenode filters by /64.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • Nyr said: Most likely freenode filters by /64.

Yes it is /64 restricted.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Nyr said:
    Most likely freenode filters by /64.

NanoVZ has /64 in some locations :)

Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
  • @Ishaq said:
    Yes it is /64 restricted.

Care to elaborate please? Because i was searching for restriction and could not find. Also my znc is connected to Freenode from /80 subnet for 2 months.

• emperor said: Also my znc is connected to Freenode from /80 subnet for 2 months.

Maybe no one else is using the subnet you're on for connections to Freenode?

Speak to someone with voice in #freenode, they can help out. Also if you need more connections from a /64 they can add I:Lines to exclude your subnet from the restriction or increase the limit.

Thanked by 1emperor
  • k0nsl said: filtered IP

Not necessary to fork out for that if you use IPv6 or a cloak.

• emperor said: Care to elaborate please? Because i was searching for restriction and could not find. Also my znc is connected to Freenode from /80 subnet for 2 months.

Yes, because there are no other people in Freenode from your /80 - If someone comes and gets klined you get klined as well. One /64 is one user.

Thanked by 2emperor vimalware