Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal VPS needed (outgrown old one)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Personal VPS needed (outgrown old one)

drkkrobotdrkkrobot Member
edited November 2012 in Help

right now i'm hosted on a Canadian VPS server for the past year and find my needs have outgrown what i have currently, their EULA seems to limit my current needs:

Current:
64mb ram/128mb burst, 20gb space, 1 IP#, 200gb bw, Debian 5.0
no torrent/irc access , no VPN, no VNC access, no reverse dns.
15$ a quarter.

My uses for it:
I use it mainly for small personal webpage, file backups, personal ftpd, have a script to mirror to my dropbox. and sometimes link private files on it to share with friends. as we are photographers and music hobbyists. sharing music samples/photo shoots etc.

Why i want to upgrade:
now that i use mainly wifi on my laptop and travel a lot, i can't download torrents from the random wifi i do get, but i can download from ftp the torrents my server downloads. but got a notice its against EULA, even though i limited upstream (seeding) to 20kb/s global. and wasn't using as a seedbox, just till i get 1:1 ratio to be fair to swarm. (i hate leechers)

Privacy is an issue now so i would like a VPN to encrypt my web traffic over wifi, though not needed i would like irc access so i can use bitchx to connect to my irc shell or even connect directly to some servers where i am not worried about DDoS/privacy.

Would like:
96mb ram+/168mb burst, 25gb space, 2+ ipv4, 350gb bw
personal occasional torrent/irc access, VPN and reverse DNS,
i prefer freebsd/netbsd but am okay with debian etc.

I registered my personal domain 10 years ago, if i can find something to suite my personal needs i will be a customer for the long term. as well as put your weblink on my webpage. I dont care if its a slow processor or 10mbit port or something. my personal domain is darknet.ca

advice is welcomed.

Comments