Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare telling me they don't like me.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare telling me they don't like me.

DataFrogsDataFrogs Banned
edited November 2012 in General

Justin Paine (CloudFlare Support)
Nov 18 08:04 am (PST)

Hi,

As I'm sure we have mentioned in the past -- you're on the free level plan. The business and enterprise level plans include the advanced DDoS protection option.** If a site is negatively impacting other CloudFlare customers (like yours has been) will need to route it off CloudFlare**. With the business and enterprise level plans this wouldn't be an issue as the operations team has more options available to mitigate an issue before a site would need to be routed off CloudFlare.

This is going to continue to happen on the free or pro level plans if your site continues to negatively impact other CloudFlare customers.

So, they want me to pay them money so I can route it though cloudflare services? Thats just a load of shit, like one of my other domains that is registered with cloudflare got 521,000 hits with a botnet, yet it isn't forced to be routed off cloudflare?

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@DataFrogs It is a free service. Do you expect them to take large DDoS's for you without paying?

• KairusKairus Member
    edited November 2012

@DataFrogs said: So, they want me to pay them money so I can route it though cloudflare services?

Oh no, I'm using a bunch of this company's resources and costing them money, and negatively impacting other clients of theirs, and they want money for this?!

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited November 2012

@DataFrogs said: So, they want me to pay them money so I can route it though cloudflare services? Thats just a load of shit, like one of my other domains that is registered with cloudflare got 521,000 hits with a botnet, yet it isn't forced to be routed off cloudflare?

It's free, what do you expect?

BuyVM will protect you up to 10gbit AFAIK, might be worth looking into them.
    EDIT: With a protected IP

• @Fliphost said: It is a free service. Do you expect them to take large DDoS's for you without paying?

@Kairus said: Oh no, I'm using a bunch of this company's resources and costing them money, and negatively impacting other clients of theirs, how dare I pay them!

Yet, look:
    The image here is one of my domains which brought more traffic then that botnet attack did, yet its still using CF?
    http://puu.sh/1rBdt

• @ElliotJ said: It's free, what do you expect?

BuyVM will protect you up to 10gbit AFAIK, might be worth looking into them.

Yeah, I plan to move to them soon as they have stock, I have money.

• @DataFrogs said: Yeah, I plan to move to them soon as they have stock, I have money.

http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com

They had stock today.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@DataFrogs It is not always about the hits as you keep mentioning, there are several factor that relate to the impact on their network.

• @rds100 said: They had stock today.

Yeah, but Out of stock now :(

• Just a bit offtopic here but whats the best BuyVM location?

• @DataFrogs said: The image here is one of my domains which brought more traffic then that botnet attack did, yet its still using CF?

You're missing the point. It's a free service, they choose who stays and who goes, it's provided 'as is' without any claims to protect you.
    You should not presume CloudFlare will protect you, or continue to protect you.

• @ElliotJ said: You're missing the point. It's a free service, they choose who stays and who goes, it's provided 'as is' without any claims to protect you.

You should not presume CloudFlare will protect you, or continue to protect you.

Even still, I am switching out of cloudflare and going to goto buyvm.

• BuyVM only have DDoS protection at $3.00 extra a month in San Jose.

• @Ishaq said: BuyVM only have DDoS protection at $3.00 extra a month in San Jose.

Yep, that's right. San Jose = West Coast, New York = East Coast

Where are you from @DataFrogs?

• @AsadHaider I usually just browse as guest mode, run my site offshore in LI.

• I only usually get UDP/SYN attacks anyways.

• Layer7, yep.

• I could install a layer7 firewall then?

• Cloudflare is garbage

It was marketed as garbage at first, garbage customers signed up to hide their warez/blogs behind it and Cloudflare remains garbage to this day! Hooooray for garbage!

• @bamn said: Cloudflare is garbage
    It was marketed as garbage at first, garbage customers signed up to hide their warez/blogs behind it and Cloudflare remains garbage to this day! Hooooray for garbage!

Works great as an image cache for me, let's me set incredibly long expiration dates and helps keep the S3 bill down.

• @DataFrogs - Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is happiness...

@Zen - He couldn't be bottered with reading the CloudFlare documentation, not even the plans chart: cloudflare.com/plans
    It clearly says that it supports DDoS protection starting at $200/mo. on up.

Guys, please remind me, since when did LowEndTalk become the place for cheapskates and freeloaders to bitch about not getting enough stuff for free?!

• When did I ever bitch about not getting free stuff @marcm
    I just simply posted a quote from cloudflare, if you have a issue with that then that is your problem, not mine.

• I don't like how you made over 5 threads in the past 24 hours. Are you the new @Taz?

• I have 100 useless thread, my job is done ;)

• @DataFrogs said: So, they want me to pay them money so I can route it though cloudflare services? Thats just a load of shit, like one of my other domains that is registered with cloudflare got 521,000 hits with a botnet, yet it isn't forced to be routed off cloudflare?

What is this, if not bitching and crying? -> Read: cloudflare.com/plans

• I don't like you either, OP.

• 10Gbit DDoS is serious, seems your problem is more pps than data.

• @qhoster said: 10Gbit DDoS is serious, seems your problem is more pps than data.

We never said anything about 10Gbit? Maybe you are reading it wrong?

• "BuyVM will protect you up to 10gbit" part.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@qhoster said: 10Gbit DDoS is serious, seems your problem is more pps than data.

The 10Gbit is UDP, not SYN.

Syn we're good till ~1M pps for now. I'm hoping to continue to increase that as time goes on though.

Jack you're riding at 700k pps right now you jerk. :P

Francisco